This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

how might they create closer relationships between players and pokemon?

#31Biased_GamerPosted 6/9/2013 6:38:37 PM
The best way I could see it: they could introduce virtual pet-like mechanics (since the series itself is already based on raising pets). You can feed it, nurse it, play with it, clean up its mese if it doesn't empty its bladder to certain places on time, etc.. Frankly, this is what should've been mained for the franchise. The closes virtual pet we've got is Dream World…and the execution sucked. :P …'Least that's what the guys in my last topic admitted.
---
Pokemon and Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo have one thing in common...they're both f***ed up.
Official Goldeen of the Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS Boards...for now. :3
#32PsychoWolfXPosted 6/9/2013 6:40:06 PM
Following Pokemon would be a nice start. Like in Yellow/HG/SS

I'd really like to see some mini games included where we can interact with out Pokemon.
#33paipr(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2013 6:00:21 AM
Biased_Gamer posted...
The best way I could see it: they could introduce virtual pet-like mechanics (since the series itself is already based on raising pets). You can feed it, nurse it, play with it, clean up its mese if it doesn't empty its bladder to certain places on time, etc.. Frankly, this is what should've been mained for the franchise. The closes virtual pet we've got is Dream World…and the execution sucked. :P …'Least that's what the guys in my last topic admitted.

this would be a good way to handle it. that said i really hope not. digimon world one was like this and i did terrible at it. it would in a major way ruin the game for me, specially if they did something like dw1 that had them die, or feint? or maybe abandon you?
---
am i the only person that wishes game faqs offered the option to cut peoples comments from your topics?
#34BadDecisionsPosted 6/10/2013 6:08:10 AM
on topic, i guess a way it could be implemented is having a split evolution, one where it hates you and one where it likes you.

What? Your Charmeleon is evolving!
Oh ****! Your Charmeleon evolved into SkullCharizard.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd9OhYroLN0
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSLJJDRA-jQ
Rate and subscribe. Very good best videos all the day!
#35Dark_EinherjarPosted 6/10/2013 7:09:34 AM
paipr posted...
but if rumors are true and there is new stuff coming that will allow for us to bond with our pokemon how might you want it to play out? and what could they do to make you care more about this new mechanic?

They can do whatever they want with this bonding thing, as long as they follow this single rule:

DO NOT HAVE IT MESS WITH BATTLING MECHANICS IN ANY WAY!

I remember a topic where someone suggested that, if you didn't bond with the Pokémon, it might disobey the player randomly... NO, JUST ******* NO!
---
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
-Sirius Black
#36paipr(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2013 7:23:49 AM
Dark_Einherjar posted...
paipr posted...
but if rumors are true and there is new stuff coming that will allow for us to bond with our pokemon how might you want it to play out? and what could they do to make you care more about this new mechanic?

They can do whatever they want with this bonding thing, as long as they follow this single rule:

DO NOT HAVE IT MESS WITH BATTLING MECHANICS IN ANY WAY!

I remember a topic where someone suggested that, if you didn't bond with the Pokémon, it might disobey the player randomly... NO, JUST ******* NO!

i agree with you there, having "bonding" mess with battle mechanics could be a big disaster.

that said if we are meant to care it needs to play some part. or else why does it matter. a pokemon disobeying you cause you havent bonded makes sense, but would be annoying, i mean specially since you know there would be a high chance that npc trainers wont have to deal with that, nor wild pokemon. it be frustrating if you start the game and keep loosing battles cause your sole starter hasnt bonded with you so it ignores you.

i wouldnt mind more bp/pp/acc for moves depending on your bond though, that be both a good motivation, as well as a logical way to implement it. the stronger your bond the more your pokemon tries.
---
am i the only person that wishes game faqs offered the option to cut peoples comments from your topics?
#37luigispezzottiPosted 6/10/2013 7:57:33 AM
Bond Mechanic:
- Through battling, overcoming obstacles, and completing minigame-like challenges, the bond between you and your Pokemon will grow, enabling you to unlock special abilities and moves for your Pokemon whilst also increasing their stats past normal limits as your Pokemon push themselves beyond their standard capabilities.
- Whilst battle mechanics will remain unaffected by the new bonding system, you will be able to interact with your Pokemon outside of battle like never before. Much like the Pokewalker we saw with the release of Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver, you will be able to keep your Pokemon with you at all times through the 3DS's Streetpass and Spotpass features. Your Pokemon may also interact with other trainers' as you pass them, thus causing something special to happen when you open up your game!
- The new bonding mechanic will allow players to increase their Pokemon's 'IV's', with a cap of 36 in each stat (meaning of you start with an IV of 27 in Attack, that stat can only be increased 9 times).