This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So the most common speculations about Fairy's weakenesses/resistances are...

#1CakeOfLiesPosted 6/9/2013 2:52:33 PM(edited)
SE against Dragon,
Immune to Dragon,
Resisting Ice? (I've seen this a couple times)
And weak to Poison and Steel.

Am I getting it right?

In other words, super effective against Pokemon that are usually 4x weak to Ice already (considering Ice Beam's distribution, that shouldn't be a problem at all), immune to that same type (which is only SE against itself), resisting a type that isn't much of a problem, and weak to the two worst offensive types in the game...
Scizors.
Scizors everywhere.

What if they make a Dragon/Fairy type? Immune to Dragon, Ice is normal effective, possibly only weak to Poison and Steel, and it still has some of the most fantastic coverage in the game. That thing and Scizor will be running rampant. Why not give them both a priority Fire type move to get rid of other Scizors too.

Also, a lot of people say Blissey will be retyped to Fairy? Blissey. Being the new best defensive type in the game. Need I say more?

Don't shoot me, but do people really want this? I'm being honest here. It just doesn't seem very appealing to me. Not that the game was balanced before, but this is ridiculous.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
#2scrappybristolPosted 6/9/2013 2:50:40 PM
Plus side? Scizor still reigns supreme.
---
This sig is significant
#3P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 6/9/2013 2:51:49 PM
I'm actually hoping for a Dunsparce evo that becomes a Dragon/Fairy BEAST.
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
#4CakeOfLies(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2013 2:51:53 PM
scrappybristol posted...
Plus side? Scizor still reigns supreme.

I do like that thought...
---
#5RPCShadowclawPosted 6/9/2013 3:04:52 PM(edited)
Fairy Type
- Resistant to: ???
- Super Effective against: Dark, Dragon & Fighting
- Immune to: Dragon
- Weak to: Poison & Steel
- Resisted by Fire & Psychic

There was nothing mentioned about being resistant to Ice in the rumors that were posted on Pokebeach. As far as we know, the Fairy type has nothing that it resists.
#6P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 6/9/2013 3:05:19 PM
RPCShadowclaw posted...
Fairy Type

There was nothing mentioned about being resistant to Ice in the rumors that were posted on Pokebeach. As far as we know, the Fairy type has nothing that it resists.

I think that the Ice part came from that Smash sketch.
---
#7CakeOfLies(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2013 3:11:00 PM
RPCShadowclaw posted...
Fairy Type

Resisted only by Fire and Psychic? Although they do need resistances, that would also make Fairy one of the best offensive types as well... I'm still not too jiggy with this...
---
#8RPCShadowclawPosted 6/9/2013 5:17:06 PM
It is possible what I listed from the Pokebeach rumor is not the complete breakdown of the Fairy Type's matchups, but it gives the overpowered Dragons something to worry about, gives Poison and Steel type attacks a reason to be used more often (outside of Scizor) and should Fennekin gets the dual-typing we're hoping for, also guarantees it'll be the main starter of choice this Gen.
#9Biased_GamerPosted 6/9/2013 6:15:53 PM
P0k3m0nWaRR10R8 posted...

If it wants to become EITHER Dragon- or Fairy-type, it needs to become a pseudo-Legendary Pokémon. Maybe his physiology could be based on the Manaketes' in Fire Emblem: Awakening…
---
Pokemon and Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo have one thing in common...they're both f***ed up.
Official Goldeen of the Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS Boards...for now. :3
#10P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 6/9/2013 6:18:52 PM
Biased_Gamer posted...
P0k3m0nWaRR10R8 posted...

If it wants to become EITHER Dragon- or Fairy-type, it needs to become a pseudo-Legendary Pokémon. Maybe his physiology could be based on the Manaketes' in Fire Emblem: Awakening…

Yeah, that's the hope.
---