This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ability idea?

#1paiprPosted 6/10/2013 9:36:04 AM
what if there was an ability that created auto fog? who would you feel about that?
---
am i the only person that wishes game faqs offered the option to cut peoples comments from your topics?
#2Chaos GenesisPosted 6/10/2013 9:47:44 AM
The only good thing Fog does is double the power of Weather Ball, but for that you might as well use any of the other weathers; otherwise Fog does nothing good, not even for the player using it.

Pass.
---
PKMN Black 2: 4900 3748 6340 | 3DS: 1204 0469 8787
http://gpxplus.net/user/Spades+Slick/
#3mehmetskiPosted 6/10/2013 10:56:18 AM
1. they could also implement moves that work well with fog
2. never-miss attacks are useful combined with fog and technician. i can definitely see that coming.
#4Missingno_MastrPosted 6/10/2013 10:59:00 AM
Chaos Genesis posted...
The only good thing Fog does is double the power of Weather Ball, but for that you might as well use any of the other weathers; otherwise Fog does nothing good, not even for the player using it.

Pass.

You're assuming they couldn't implement moves and Abilities which could take advantage of Fog, or else give the weather condition itself an additional effect, like when they implemented Sandstorm's Special Defense buff for Rock-types. I always thought Fog was a weather condition with potential, personally, and I hope they decide to go somewhere with it.
---
Official badass Admin of Team Miror Infinity. I ride a Shadow Scolipede. Top that.
http://imageshack.us/a/img202/4572/missingnogif.gif
#5Chaos GenesisPosted 6/10/2013 11:03:31 AM
Missingno_Mastr posted...
Chaos Genesis posted...

Pass.

You're assuming they couldn't implement moves and Abilities which could take advantage of Fog, or else give the weather condition itself an additional effect, like when they implemented Sandstorm's Special Defense buff for Rock-types. I always thought Fog was a weather condition with potential, personally, and I hope they decide to go somewhere with it.

Then let's discuss that before discussing giving a Pokemon an ability with known crappy effects.
---
#6Callista08Posted 6/10/2013 11:05:00 AM
Fog should be like..... a dark type power up. I always feel like Fog would help cover them like move in the shadows sort of feel.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 3653-9864-6035
Pokemon White FC: 4641-8614-2897 (5th Gen Edits only)
#7mehmetskiPosted 6/10/2013 11:05:07 AM
Chaos Genesis posted...
Chaos Genesis posted...

Pass.

Then let's discuss that before discussing giving a Pokemon an ability with known crappy effects.

doesnt anyone read what i wrote?
#8Chaos GenesisPosted 6/10/2013 11:10:14 AM
mehmetski posted...
Chaos Genesis posted...
Chaos Genesis posted...

Pass.

doesnt anyone read what i wrote?

mehmetski posted...
2. never-miss attacks are useful combined with fog and technician. i can definitely see that coming.

1. They don't exist yet.
2. They're useful even without Fog, since they're not hampered by non-Fog weather anyways.
3. The point isn't "oh man but what if Fog secretly had some changes to it?". The OP presented an idea. In the absence of any other ideas, we can only really discuss it based on what we know NOW:

- Fog lowers everyone's accuracy
- Fog lowers the amount of HP earned from Moonlight and similar moves
- Fog doubles the power of Weather Ball

That's IT. If we want to talk about improving fog, then MENTION that in the OP.
---
#9paipr(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2013 11:11:18 AM
mehmetski posted...

true

something else they could do that could make fog kinda interesting is "hiding" pokemon that are sent out onto the field until after an attack hits.

also perhaps its because of the move de-fog but i associate fog with flying.
---
am i the only person that wishes game faqs offered the option to cut peoples comments from your topics?
#10Art_BuddyPosted 6/10/2013 11:18:06 AM
Chaos Genesis posted...
1. They don't exist yet.
2. They're useful even without Fog, since they're not hampered by non-Fog weather anyways.
3. The point isn't "oh man but what if Fog secretly had some changes to it?". The OP presented an idea. In the absence of any other ideas, we can only really discuss it based on what we know NOW:

- Fog lowers everyone's accuracy
- Fog lowers the amount of HP earned from Moonlight and similar moves
- Fog doubles the power of Weather Ball

That's IT. If we want to talk about improving fog, then MENTION that in the OP.

Wow, calm down man.
---
"I'm going to kill you. Not today, not tomorrow... But I WILL kill you." - Rick Grimes