This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Arceus is the BEST Pokemon ever created.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Arceus is the BEST Pokemon ever created.
2 years ago#11
Aysander posted...
Lugia.

Ho-Oh.

You forgot those two

And approximately 646 more Pokemon to go with them
---
PSN: TheUndying84
2 years ago#12
Arceus learns extremespeed so it can bear fear ratata.
2 years ago#13
Xerneas is sorta the same typing and it looks 99999999999999999999999999999x better than arceus.
---
official Ninja gallade of the Pokemon boards
im a vampire masked blueberry swordsman. all your arguments are now in valid- name not known
2 years ago#14
Strain42 posted...
360pages posted...
Well he is the best, since while every Arceus can be countered, no pokemon can counter every Arceus,

This leads me to be curious about something...

Are there four types that when added up would be super effective against every type?

And is there a Pokemon capable of learning an attacking move of those four types?

RESEARCH!!!

For the sake of argument, lets ignore the ??? Type Arceus that can only be obtained via cheating.

Let's start off with the two big ones, Fighting and Ground. Having an attack move of each of these types gives an advantage to

Rock, Steel, Dark, Ice, Normal, Fire, Poison, and Electric. So just two attacks gives an advantage to 8 out of 17 types.

...So yeah, I'm gonna go out on a limb right now and assume No because those two have the highest number of strengths at 5, and we need to get 9 more weaknesses in two moves.

Oh well. Win some, lose some. Research is fun.

continuing from what you said, then ice would be the most logical next attack, hitting grass, flying, dragon, and ground. All of those aren't hit SE with both fighting and ground. So far, we hit Rock, Steel, Dark, Ice, Normal, Fire, Poison, Electric, Ground, grass, flying, and dragon for SE. We're still missing Ghost, Psychic, Water, Bug, Fighting. No type hits those 5 for SE so nope, impossible >_< I would say that Dark or Ghost as the final attack would hit all but 3 types for SE.

From looking at the type chart, Water is hard because only electric and grass hits them for SE but electric and grass don't hit too many types for SE. Same thing with Fighting with flying/psychic.
---
Nintendo? PlayStation? no...
http://mangafox.me/manga/mel_kano/v03/c016/27.html
2 years ago#15
Would Ho-Oh really dominate the Uber tier if it wasn't for SR?

I mean, yeah, it's hella good. But I do notice it has only (for Ubers) 90 base Defense and Speed meaning if you don't get burned, it can be felled by a proper physical attacker.

However...is it just the case of Sacred Fire burning so much, Regenerator letting it flee from physical attackers, and Brave Bird giving it a powerful STAB for any weather?

I knew Ho-Oh was fantastic but I didn't think it was SO good that SR was the only reason it would be banned from UBERS. >_>
---
Faust_8: Would you own slaves if you could?
OW: If I lived on a farm or something, sure. But I have no need of slaves right now.
2 years ago#16
Archwing3441 posted...
Strain42 posted...
360pages posted...
Well he is the best, since while every Arceus can be countered, no pokemon can counter every Arceus,

This leads me to be curious about something...

Are there four types that when added up would be super effective against every type?

And is there a Pokemon capable of learning an attacking move of those four types?

RESEARCH!!!

For the sake of argument, lets ignore the ??? Type Arceus that can only be obtained via cheating.

Let's start off with the two big ones, Fighting and Ground. Having an attack move of each of these types gives an advantage to

Rock, Steel, Dark, Ice, Normal, Fire, Poison, and Electric. So just two attacks gives an advantage to 8 out of 17 types.

...So yeah, I'm gonna go out on a limb right now and assume No because those two have the highest number of strengths at 5, and we need to get 9 more weaknesses in two moves.

Oh well. Win some, lose some. Research is fun.

continuing from what you said, then ice would be the most logical next attack, hitting grass, flying, dragon, and ground. All of those aren't hit SE with both fighting and ground. So far, we hit Rock, Steel, Dark, Ice, Normal, Fire, Poison, Electric, Ground, grass, flying, and dragon for SE. We're still missing Ghost, Psychic, Water, Bug, Fighting. No type hits those 5 for SE so nope, impossible >_< I would say that Dark or Ghost as the final attack would hit all but 3 types for SE.

From looking at the type chart, Water is hard because only electric and grass hits them for SE but electric and grass don't hit too many types for SE. Same thing with Fighting with flying/psychic.

giratina can learn aura sphere, earthquake, icy wind, and thunderbolt, which covers all but psychic, bug and fighting
---
GT:gamingrat91
Final Fantasy IV is the best in the series
2 years ago#17
From: SteaIth_Rock | Posted: 6/10/2013 11:58:40 PM | #008
Can't even beat a simple level one Rattata. XD

That's why Mewtwo will always be better

Unless Mewtwo got some sort of reliable priority (which Arceus has, incidentally) then it'd faint to the exact same Rattata.
---
I draw nekkid chicks! O:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/82442627/Homika/28125474.png Roxie <3
2 years ago#18
true
---
(Diamond) fc:2706 9173 0674 (BRAWL) fc: 1161-0782-2738 (Platinum) fc:3953 6479 4954
2 years ago#19
IngSlayer posted...
I hope Pokemon X & Y has at least one almost as good as this gem of a beast.

Dunno if you're being sarcastic, but...

**** YEAH, ARCEUS PWNS!
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead.
2 years ago#20
*reads topic title and op*

......and then you woke up. withe next to you holding a meat cleaver.
---
If you fail to get krump....nothing you do in life will succeed.- Krump King ASB
Black 2: 0820-1866-0181
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Arceus is the BEST Pokemon ever created.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived