This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rate this move: Night Fog

#1jEr3mYPosted 6/10/2013 5:48:06 PM
A weather inducing move for Dark and Poison Pokemon..

Dark type moves are boosted by 50%, Poison (status) does an extra 5% (for what it would normally do that turn) and Poison moves get boosted by 30%

Accuracy is lowered by 5% for all non-Dark and non-Poison Pokemon. Dark and Poison don't get an accuracy boost.

Maybe a little broken but there needs to be a dark type weather.
---
Non-Specific Action Figure has to be in the next Super Smash Bros game. If you agree, send me a message. Number of people who agree: 18 - updated 8 June 2013
#2roxbury1990Posted 6/10/2013 5:50:45 PM
Pretty strong ha but pretty cool. I give it a sweet.
---
White FC: 2581 1588 9644 // wii code = 1308 9776 3256 7038 // 3DS FC: 4527-7258-1744 // GamerTag: Loftice
Parasect is the BEST
#3Moocow123450Posted 6/10/2013 5:50:52 PM
I'm not a competitive battler, but it seems like from everything I saw, using toxic is popular. The extra 5% can be pretty broken.
---
GENERATION 23: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I choose you! Miltank!
#4Mister_FreedomPosted 6/10/2013 5:50:53 PM
Get rid of the accuracy loss and it seems pretty decent.
#5-Oath-Posted 6/10/2013 5:52:10 PM
I agree, there needs to be a dark weather condition. I'm not skilled enough to know what would break the game or not lol
#6jEr3mY(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2013 5:58:28 PM(edited)
As for the Poison bonus - maybe have it still deal the extra 5% but maybe make it so there's a chance you won't get hurt from the poison each turn....

Maybe when a non poison or dark type attacks - there's a 20% chance they will get the accuracy loss - that seems more fair
---
Non-Specific Action Figure has to be in the next Super Smash Bros game. If you agree, send me a message. Number of people who agree: 18 - updated 8 June 2013
#7RethalwolfPosted 6/10/2013 6:00:20 PM
Maybe make Clear Smog also get rid of it for a little balance?
Also, I would make it make non-dark/poison type external healing (drains, softboiled, leftovers, morning sun, etc) hurt instead of heal, as opposed to the poison damage boost, as well as up the chance of poisoning occuring (instead of the damage).
So poison heal would still heal, for example.
I wish this could incorporate ice, too, but they ruined that with hail... alas. Perhaps it could also affect ghost for the better?
Should probably drop the accuracy loss... although, MAYBE you could give dark/poison/(ghost?) (or just one of them [ghost preferably]) an ability to dodge certain attacks, like all physical attacks or status attacks...
I dunno. I like what you've got, but I also want it to be more unique because, well, I love dark (and ghost [but not dark/ghost {so far}]) types.
---
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."
#8jEr3mY(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2013 6:29:56 PM
Rethalwolf posted...
Maybe make Clear Smog also get rid of it for a little balance?
Also, I would make it make non-dark/poison type external healing (drains, softboiled, leftovers, morning sun, etc) hurt instead of heal, as opposed to the poison damage boost, as well as up the chance of poisoning occuring (instead of the damage).
So poison heal would still heal, for example.
I wish this could incorporate ice, too, but they ruined that with hail... alas. Perhaps it could also affect ghost for the better?
Should probably drop the accuracy loss... although, MAYBE you could give dark/poison/(ghost?) (or just one of them [ghost preferably]) an ability to dodge certain attacks, like all physical attacks or status attacks...
I dunno. I like what you've got, but I also want it to be more unique because, well, I love dark (and ghost [but not dark/ghost {so far}]) types.

Hmmm nice suggestions... Clear Smog would definitely clear the fog... so it has a way of being fair, if you can't induce a weather.

I was thinking of adding Ghost but I weirdly enough couldn't think of a type that'd suit this move... So yeah, this would affect dark/ghost/poison..

I like the idea of external hurting... So when a non poison/dark/ghost steals health from a dark/ghost/poison type, they (the attacker) gains 50% less from what they would normally gain... If a poison/dark/ghost steals HP under this weather, the move works like normal... so they'd gain 100% of the health they'd normally get...

The dodge thing for ghosts is a little broken...
---
#9CharizardFirePosted 6/10/2013 6:36:51 PM
Defog should remove it.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#10RethalwolfPosted 6/10/2013 6:39:55 PM
That's true. Although, if it was status moves, it doesn't seem too broken to me; no more so than Magic Bounce, you just don't have to have it be an ability. And it wouldn't bounce them, just not affect (at least) ghost types. The external hurting... well, that's not what I was saying. It's not a reduction of gain but more a switch to damaging; it wouldn't affect things like Recover or Rest, but drains, water/volt absorb, leftovers, aqua ring... all these things hurt you instead of healing by sort of "polluting" them.
At least, that's what I was thinking for them.
Also, I'd give Weezing this move and/or an ability summoning this condition. Maybe they can take the Fog that was so random and bump it up with all this... but if they did that, Defog would obviously also clear this.
Which I guess makes sense.
But hey, it's your concept. If you don't like my ideas, I can just start from scratch haha ^_^ I do really like the concept. Two of my favorite types and a third that I like getting affected? Major win.
---
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."