This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

With a new type, what does this mean for Hidden Power?

#1_KGC_Posted 6/11/2013 7:28:10 AM
I'm seriously curious.
---
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
- Yogi Berra
#2DarnstuffPosted 6/11/2013 7:28:46 AM
A change in the way it's calculated. Not that difficult.
#3crunchy612Posted 6/11/2013 7:37:56 AM
HP Fairy isn't gonna be very useful anyway, methinks. HP Ice gives 4x on most Dragons and SE on flying and ground.

Unless Fairy's SE against another type ofc. I for one am hoping that the old calculations are untouched. Would be a pain in the ass to RNG another HP Ice Thundurus if my old one gets a different type upon transfer.
---
Ragnarok: Tetra Vortex Warlock :3
YancyYancyYancyYancyYancy! <3 http://i.imgur.com/5o2PG35.png
#4Ku-Ri-BohPosted 6/11/2013 7:39:05 AM
crunchy612 posted...
HP Fairy isn't gonna be very useful anyway, methinks. HP Ice gives 4x on most Dragons and SE on flying and ground.

Unless Fairy's SE against another type ofc. I for one am hoping that the old calculations are untouched. Would be a pain in the ass to RNG another HP Ice Thundurus if my old one gets a different type upon transfer.

Yeah, but still, there will be one
#5FuneralCakePosted 6/11/2013 7:39:53 AM
Darnstuff posted...
A change in the way it's calculated. Not that difficult.

This. It's not rock science.
---
THAT'S MISS HOME ROWED TO YOU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTBSQKh8teE
#6carpediempimpPosted 6/11/2013 7:43:48 AM
That does mean alot of pokemon that relied on hidden power are screwed now last gen are screwed now, but that wasn't alot anyway
---
Just do it
#7RadioRebelPosted 6/11/2013 7:50:26 AM
carpediempimp posted...
That does mean alot of pokemon that relied on hidden power are screwed now last gen are screwed now, but that wasn't alot anyway

As I've said before, it wouldn't necessarily screw them. They could easily use the old Hidden Power formula for gen V Pokémon and a new one with Fairy included for gen VI Pokémon. They've already done it for Pokémon who gained a second ability in gen IV; they keep their sole gen III ability when transferred even if they're coded to have their second ability and only change abilities when evolved (which obviously wouldn't be the case with Hidden Power, but the principle is the same).
---
Official Fletchling of the Pokemon X board
Fairy-type supporters: uno, Fairy-type deniers: STRANDED IN MICHIGAN!
#8_KGC_(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2013 8:01:43 AM
So with a change in the way Hidden Power is calculated does that mean that if you transfer your old Pokemon, they might not keep their hidden power?

Or am I just having another dumb moment?
---
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
- Yogi Berra
#9MrFingers07Posted 6/11/2013 8:28:03 AM(edited)
I'm really interested on what they'll do to hidden power now.
---
:D Brawlin' Mains: R.O.B., Lucario, Pikachu, Wolf
#10FuneralCakePosted 6/11/2013 8:32:08 AM
_KGC_ posted...
So with a change in the way Hidden Power is calculated does that mean that if you transfer your old Pokemon, they might not keep their hidden power?

Or am I just having another dumb moment?

I wouldn't really say it's a "dumb" moment.

Basically, they can either recalculate HP based on the new formula, or just keep the old type upon transferring. Both are possible.

Think back to when you transferred a Magnemite to GSC from RGBY. Basically what happens is that the old, relevant information gets kept, then the new information is filled in. The same process can be applied to Hidden Power: if it's transferred from an old game, just keep the old HP.

And, we don't even know if there's a way to change Hidden Power now or anything like that, either. It's all up in the air, and anything is possible.
---
THAT'S MISS HOME ROWED TO YOU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTBSQKh8teE