This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A "Fairy" typing for a pokemon sounds so stupid.

#1Echo_djinnPosted 6/11/2013 9:23:40 AM
I'd be more than satisfied if they just called it this specific type "light" instead. In fact I am just going to lie to myself and call them light pokemon.

Also why is marril a fai- I mean a light type? That just seems random in my eyes. Someone explain that to me.
---
Wasting your time is the best use of my time.
Completed Xcom: Enemy Unknown Impossible Difficulty. Like a Boss
#2MrFingers07Posted 6/11/2013 9:24:56 AM
Why the hell is everyone saying that Marill as a fairy type seems random? It's like one of the most obvious things that could have been a fairy type.
---
:D Brawlin' Mains: R.O.B., Lucario, Pikachu, Wolf
#3Alty1Posted 6/11/2013 9:25:07 AM
Fairies are cool, bro.

They've been ****ed up a little by their association with small girls, but mythological fairies are great.
#4GhoullyXPosted 6/11/2013 9:25:43 AM
Fairy's were badass in Sleeping Beauty.
---
You just lost the Game!
#5Pale_HeartPosted 6/11/2013 9:26:27 AM
"Dragon" or "Bug" typing for Pokemon can also sound stupid too. I mean, we have the basic element of Fire, Water and Grass, then there's DRAGON! Whaaaaa?

But really, it's just a game that aims towards little children.
#6TherianReturnsPosted 6/11/2013 9:26:41 AM
Fairies in YGO are cool too. Agents and Darklords!
---
I am the only true Pokemon fan. Find me at: http://www.youtube.com/user/AdventOfTherian/about
#7UmuruPosted 6/11/2013 9:27:58 AM
Why do we have Dragon types? Call them Ancient type or Lizard type and we could cram in more Pokemon.
#8LexifoxPosted 6/11/2013 9:29:38 AM
Echo_djinn posted...
I'd be more than satisfied if they just called it this specific type "light" instead. In fact I am just going to lie to myself and call them light pokemon.

Also why is marril a fai- I mean a light type? That just seems random in my eyes. Someone explain that to me.

It'd probably be less random if you thought of the type as "Fairy" instead of "Light".
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#9Rad_DudesmanPosted 6/11/2013 9:31:38 AM
Echo_djinn posted...

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Fairy_(Egg_Group)
---
The official rad dude of the Pokemon X board.
#10Ampharos64Posted 6/11/2013 9:31:44 AM
In total agreement, it sounds stupid. Marril is one? Seriously?

I'm not sure I can be bothered with this. >_<