This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are you happy with the end of the Dragon ruled metagame?

#1TaticalWarriorPosted 6/11/2013 12:29:00 PM
Rise of Poison Pokes, Pure Power Azulmaril, as older pokes being viable again, and much more? - Results (109 votes)
Yes
73.39% (80 votes)
Meh
22.02% (24 votes)
No
4.59% (5 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Good to see Wigglytuff pwning some dragoons :)
---
Proud designer of Chip, the Runner Up Megaman Legends 3's Mascot Contest!
http://tinyurl.com/3r6wb4u
#2Hierarchy225Posted 6/11/2013 12:29:40 PM
Yes. I love Dragons, but man this needed to happen.
#3LexifoxPosted 6/11/2013 12:29:55 PM
I don't think it's the end of anything yet. If anything it's the start of a new age of people overestimating Wigglytuff, etc.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#4CharizardFirePosted 6/11/2013 12:30:38 PM
I won't be happy until Stealth Rock gets nerfed heavily.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#5SlimeStackPosted 6/11/2013 12:31:07 PM
If Poison becomes a Dragon counter counter then that'll be amazing.
---
Awaiting: Animal Crossing, AC3, LR:FFXIII, FFXIV:ARR, FFXV, BD:FF, Pokemon X, DA:I
#6Dro585Posted 6/11/2013 12:32:09 PM
I'm bummed about nerfing haxorous and hydreigon though... But D-nite salamence and garchomp needed it
#7_KGC_Posted 6/11/2013 12:33:18 PM
Dragons will probably still rule the metagame.
---
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
- Yogi Berra
#8CakeOfLiesPosted 6/11/2013 12:34:06 PM
Show me where GameFreak said that Fairy would be immune to Dragon.

Think about this. None of the Pokemon revealed to change to Fairy have very good physical Defense. Dragon Dance/Choice Band Outrage is still going to destroy them. Infernape's Close Combat scoffs at anything that resists it, and he has 104 base Attack. Dragons tend to have more than that. Why would something with pathetic Defense would sponge an Outrage?
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
#9GoGoatPosted 6/11/2013 12:46:05 PM
I don't see how this spells the end of the dragon type, so I voted "meh".

All I care about is the potential for Gardevoir to become viable in higher tiers. But so far I'm not convinced.
---
Official Oblivion Keyblade of the KH3 Board
#10im_boredPosted 6/11/2013 12:48:16 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
Show me where GameFreak said that Fairy would be immune to Dragon.

Think about this. None of the Pokemon revealed to change to Fairy have very good physical Defense. Dragon Dance/Choice Band Outrage is still going to destroy them. Infernape's Close Combat scoffs at anything that resists it, and he has 104 base Attack. Dragons tend to have more than that. Why would something with pathetic Defense would sponge an Outrage?

I think it's too early to tell. Many OU Dragons have high attack and high speed but if there was a high speed high special fairy type that would definitely go straight into OU and bring down dragon rep a bit.
The key deciding factor will probably be how much fairy moves will be spread to non-fairy types.
---
I'm not your bro, bro.