This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are people so mad that they were wrong about fairy type?

#11Hierarchy225Posted 6/11/2013 3:50:05 PM
FunleashTheUry posted...
Hierarchy225 posted...
hellslinger posted...
Some of those people who didn't want fairy type just didn't want a new type, they didn't think anything needed balancing.

Those people obviously don't play competitive. When they get smacked in the face with a +2 Outrage then they can talk.

This. When a common competitive nickname for Outrage is "Win Button", you know some things need balancing.

This either that or their the ones who depend on Outrage spam, and don't want to end their winning streak.
#12Navyblack14Posted 6/11/2013 3:51:25 PM
atomicrebirth posted...
hellslinger posted...
Some of those people who didn't want fairy type just didn't want a new type, they didn't think anything needed balancing.

This. Balance is great, but when the game gets so watered down with types that all cancel each other out, then it's boring. Having a couple of stand out types that are hard to fight against keeps it interesting.

From what I see Dragon was supposed to be good but then it's main counter, Ice, was so horrible it was never available to check. So that leaves you with Dragon countering the best type in the game, which turned everything into a Dragonfest.

So yeah, balancing was needed.
---
Ah, videogames.
#13Missingno_MastrPosted 6/11/2013 3:51:47 PM
They're mad because they were wrong. I can't blame them too much, I remember how much I raged when May's Egg hatched into an Eevee after I spent weeks insisting it was a Zigzagoon Egg. That's why I started trying to take a more neutral stance on these sorts of things. I label rumors as plausible unless there's overwhelmingly good reason to believe otherwise, like how I took a neutral stance on the rumor of the Fairy type until Pokebeach's source got the names right for Helioptile and co. Then I started leaning more towards confirmed. Not all the way, but in that general direction.
---
Official badass Admin of Team Miror Infinity. I ride a Shadow Scolipede. Top that.
http://imageshack.us/a/img202/4572/missingnogif.gif
#14LightningHawk90Posted 6/11/2013 3:52:47 PM
So where are all these people now? I remember so many people telling me it wouldn't ever happen. Now look where we are.
---
Hi. I'm RageKaiser. I'm here to ruin your unfunny topics.
#15FunleashTheUry(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2013 3:56:24 PM
RageKaiser posted...
So where are all these people now? I remember so many people telling me it wouldn't ever happen. Now look where we are.

I guess they don't want to show themselves and let everyone else see the egg all over their faces.
---
NO ES FAKE
#16NewMoonShadowPosted 6/11/2013 4:13:33 PM
atomicrebirth posted...
Having a couple of stand out types that are hard to fight against keeps it interesting.

Uh... I think you need to rethink what the word "Balance" means. There isn't supposed to be a standout type that dominates all others.