This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Okay so I would expect fairy type pokemon to have more then 70 pokemon TOTAL

#11CakeOfLiesPosted 6/12/2013 5:16:03 AM
It's a new type. Why do you expect the Kalos dex to be loaded with Fairies?

I think it'll probably be as rare as Dragon for a while.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
#12XodiarkPosted 6/12/2013 5:34:18 AM
I expect there will be around 20-25 existing pokemon who will change type with 10-15 new fairies
---
I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine and he shall be my Squishy
#13carpediempimp(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2013 6:26:35 AM
CakeOfLies posted...
It's a new type. Why do you expect the Kalos dex to be loaded with Fairies?

I think it'll probably be as rare as Dragon for a while.

I don't I expect 20ish family total which boils out to around 50 ish Pokemon

I'm saying we're not gonna see more than 70.

Also Im pretty sure fairy is more common
---
Just do it
#14SSJ4CHRISPosted 6/15/2013 12:55:49 PM
I'd almost bet money that one of the starters will have Fairy as a second type.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 White 2 FC: 2924 7399 0619 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.
#15EnferolunosPosted 6/15/2013 12:56:19 PM
70?
70?
Really?
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFXV, KHIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#16EnferolunosPosted 6/15/2013 12:57:52 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
I'd almost bet money that one of the starters will have Fairy as a second type.

I'll take that bet
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFXV, KHIII
#17Strain42Posted 6/15/2013 1:01:09 PM
I'm thinking...and by thinking I mean hoping, that they will do about 15 retconned Pokemon (including evolved forms)

And then maybe 10-15 new Fairies introduced in Gen 6.

Which is not is not a bad number for a single type in one gen.

That would give us 25-30 Fairy types, which is only two less than Ghost which are currently at 27 (the smallest type behind Dragon which is currently at 30, including Noivern)

And that wouldn't be a bad number. I don't think Fairy needs to try and play catch up with the other types right out the gate. I don't wanna see Gen 6 turn into the Fairy Gen.

In Gen 2 Dark and Steel types were kept to a respectable amount. I hope they can do the same here.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
#18MagikarpRulesPosted 6/15/2013 1:11:02 PM
Seriously, the only thing that could make me despise the Fairy type is if they overdo it and make a lot of both old and new Pokemon Fairy types. It should stay more or less on par with Dragon in rareness.
#19EnferolunosPosted 6/15/2013 1:12:41 PM
MagikarpRules posted...
Seriously, the only thing that could make me despise the Fairy type is if they overdo it and make a lot of both old and new Pokemon Fairy types. It should stay more or less on par with Dragon in rareness.

Fairy gives dragon an excuse to be more common
---
#20feeltheninjutsuPosted 6/15/2013 1:24:28 PM(edited)
Ice, Dragon, and Ghost are all around 30. Really no reason to exceed that straight out the gate. 25-30 is pretty likely.

+3 Marill line (if the baby form changes from normal)
+2 Jigglypuff line
+3 Gardevoir (under the unproven assumption of including Ralts and Kirlia, but not Gallade)
+2 Clefairy line (safe assumption IMO)
+1 Sylveon
+1 Flabébé

That's already 12. If Flabébé has two more pokemon in its evo line, then that's 14, which could honestly be half of all fairy types and still be the size of ghost type. Honestly, I kind of have a gut feeling there will be more than that, but honestly there's no real reason to believe that at this point. It's really going to depend on how many pokemon get retyped. GF could be conservative with just 4-5 families, or they could retype every "fairy-like" thing ever, including the Chansey line, Misdreavus line, ect.
---
"Not everything is a lesson. Sometimes you just fail." - Dwight Schrute
"I don't get high, life keeps me at a decent height." -Lupe Fiasco