This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The air balloon and sky battles...

#1KokiburiPosted 6/11/2013 9:38:57 PM
Isn't that the item that basically gives any Pokemon te levitate ability? So would they be able to do sky battles?

Also, do we know how much sky battles actually change the game play? Is it just a normal battle in the air or are there deeper mechanics to it?
#2Genericgamer667Posted 6/11/2013 9:39:16 PM
one hit and your pokemon dies
---
3DS FC: 4940-5445-8767
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666 on Kid Icarus Uprising
#3reaverzPosted 6/11/2013 9:40:07 PM
Probably not. What would happen once the Balloon popped? The bigger question is, can moves like Roost, Gravity, and the item Iron Ball be utilized in sky battles?
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#4Yamato_sanPosted 6/12/2013 12:29:19 AM
reaverz posted...
Probably not. What would happen once the Balloon popped? The bigger question is, can moves like Roost, Gravity, and the item Iron Ball be utilized in sky battles?

Gravity would be pretty funny if it grounded the opponent and not the user, instantly taking the opponent out of the battle (or at least forcing a switch). However, Gravity affects both users, so I doubt it'd be usable.

On another note, I wonder if Shedinja would be eligible to participate (not that it's a great idea, given that this battle style would obviously be dominated by Flying-types, though one could get lucky and go against a Weezing or Flygon that happens to lack a Fire-type move, or flyers that rarely use STAB like Gyarados). I mean, when you think about it, Wonderguard does prevent Ground-type moves from hitting, and it does float.... given, there are several other airborne Pokemon that lack both a Flying-type and Levitate (Beedrill, for instance), but I think if it came down to simple programming determined by the Pokemon's typing/ability variables, it shouldn't be hard to treat Wonderguard the same as Levitate.