This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Poor Dark/Ghost Types

#1yzmanPosted 6/11/2013 11:05:09 PM
It seems likely that fairy will be super effective against dark and neutral against ghost meaning ghost/dark will finally be hit by something super effectively, destroying their perfect cover.

Sableye, you had a short good run.
---
"As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away."
#2NeonDragon9000Posted 6/11/2013 11:06:39 PM
Because these Pokemon were just unstoppable monsters to begin with.
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
#3KeeperOfShadowsPosted 6/11/2013 11:06:50 PM
Somehow I think they'll live.
---
A voice of reason, in a chaotic realm.
You're too angry... calm down... and let the madness take hold. - Arne83
#4Strain42Posted 6/11/2013 11:06:57 PM
-gives his Sableye a big hug- My Sableye will always exist solely in Emerald. He will forever be safe from those damn murderous fairies.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
#5LightningAce11Posted 6/11/2013 11:07:15 PM
It's not super effect against dark. Wtf are you smoking.
---
THAT'S MR ACE TO YOU PEOPLE
Pokemon X and Y female MC is my waifu
#6ShenanigansMan2Posted 6/11/2013 11:07:26 PM
KeeperOfShadows posted...

No they won't.

They're already dead.
---
Every time someone reads this signature, a puppy dies
..You monster
#7NeonDragon9000Posted 6/11/2013 11:08:01 PM
LightningAce11 posted...
It's not super effect against dark. Wtf are you smoking.

They haven't revealed all of Fairy's type matchups yet.

But the yet-to-be-proven-false rumor says Fairy is strong against Dragon, Dark and Fighting.
---
#8scrappybristolPosted 6/11/2013 11:08:23 PM
If Fairy was SE against Dark, don't you think that Gardevoir would have KO'd the Hydreigon in the trailer. It survived with a good chunk of HP left.
---
This sig is significant
#9KeeperOfShadowsPosted 6/11/2013 11:10:35 PM(edited)
ShenanigansMan2 posted...
KeeperOfShadows posted...

No they won't.

They're already dead.

Alot of pokemon can be one-shotted easily, that doesn't make them instantly worthless.

Not to mention its only one type that they'd be weak to.
---
A voice of reason, in a chaotic realm.
You're too angry... calm down... and let the madness take hold. - Arne83
#10NeonDragon9000Posted 6/11/2013 11:10:21 PM
scrappybristol posted...
If Fairy was SE against Dark, don't you think that Gardevoir would have KO'd the Hydreigon in the trailer. It survived with a good chunk of HP left.

How Fairy-type Pokémon and moves will fit into the battle landscape has yet to be fully revealed. But it is known that Fairy-type moves are super effective against Dragon-type Pokémon! Until Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, Dragon-type Pokémon had only two weaknesses: Ice-type moves and Dragon-type moves. The new Fairy type changes the balance in a big way!

It's a crafted battle for a promo video. And we know nothing of the move or any of the Pokemon's stats... Isn't it just possible Hydreigon might have had a high Sp. Defense, Gardevoir had a low Sp. Attack and used a weak base power attack?

And, again, the credible rumor has yet to be disproven on anything so far. I have no reason to doubt what he said about Fairy's matchups.
---