This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Our friends may be trapped in the fifth generation!

#31RoleOfGSHCPosted 6/14/2013 12:03:47 PM
cdymn12345 posted...
On the IGN article I read today it stated "Pokemon Company would also like for players to be able to import Pokemon from previous titles, but DS and 3DS currently can't communicate directly, so a new solution would be required."

This close to the release date if a solution hasn't already been worked out its very well possible we may not be able to transfer them.
---

Yeah, gonna be honest. This doesn't bother me too much. I've never been one to transfer mons - each new game is a new character. I make different teams that fit these characters, I flesh them out, sometimes RP on forums with them.

Though, I can understand your pain. To actually bond with your old mons personally as opposed to attaching that bond to the character... I feel your pain in that regard. They are working on it, though, so don't lose out on hope. They might make a tool to download via the eShop that you can use to transfer mons with! That's always a possibility!
---
Empress of the Jovian Empire
Mechanical Advisor for Golden Sun: Adept's Refuge
#32Master XPosted 6/14/2013 12:23:33 PM
This isn't rocket science. Just give us a bloody Pokemon Box app. for the 3DS that we deposit them in. It makes things so simpler, that taking several days transferring stuff over.
---
GAMERTAG: Casperstar X "For those of you wondering whether the above made sense, you've just answered your own question."
#33iKhanicPosted 6/14/2013 12:34:55 PM
Ding dong the wicked (fire) moth is dead!
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#34scrappybristolPosted 6/14/2013 12:37:52 PM
iKhanic posted...
Ding dong the wicked (fire) moth is dead!

Watch Larvesta be available in game pre-E4.
---
This sig is significant
#35reaverzPosted 6/14/2013 1:00:57 PM
What I think is happening is that GameFreak already figured out a way to transfer using an app or a single console, but both those methods require access to the eShop for the app or a digital copy of XY respectively. They probably want to have a method that doesn't leave out anyone who doesn't have internet access, but that's where the 3DS game to DS game communication problems arise.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#36RoleOfGSHCPosted 6/14/2013 1:22:18 PM
reaverz posted...
What I think is happening is that GameFreak already figured out a way to transfer using an app or a single console, but both those methods require access to the eShop for the app or a digital copy of XY respectively. They probably want to have a method that doesn't leave out anyone who doesn't have internet access, but that's where the 3DS game to DS game communication problems arise.

Oh, good point. Perhaps it'd be something packaged with the game, then? An "installer card" or something?
---
Empress of the Jovian Empire
Mechanical Advisor for Golden Sun: Adept's Refuge
#37reaverzPosted 6/14/2013 1:30:04 PM(edited)
RoleOfGSHC posted...
Oh, good point. Perhaps it'd be something packaged with the game, then? An "installer card" or something?

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by an "installer card" and am having trouble imagining what it would do. Could you elaborate?
---
#38jayman7Posted 6/14/2013 1:31:55 PM
reaverz posted...
RoleOfGSHC posted...

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by an "installer card" and am having trouble imagining what it would do. Could you elaborate?

A separate game card that installs the go-between app maybe? (In fact, the actual game card itself could probably do that.)
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#39reaverzPosted 6/14/2013 1:40:48 PM
Oh, that's actually a very good idea! I was imagining a separate 3DS cartridge that pretends to be a DS game to communicate with the Gen V games for the purposes of transfer, which would then send the Pokemon deposited in it to XY.
---
#40silverwing525Posted 6/14/2013 1:53:48 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]