This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What do you guys think of all the random battles?

#1HHH is the gamePosted 6/12/2013 2:12:37 AM
Or at least the rate of them?

I was finishing up the post-game in Black and White, and was exploring the caves. I know you can get Max repels to stop this, but without them....I was finding the rate of encounter really frustrating. I feel like its not the right emotion at all when every time the battle music plays you find yourself sighing in frustration as you wait and wait for the transition effects, then see the slow intro sequence where you throw out your Pokemon, and then run away because the wild Pokemon give such little EXP compared to the trainers they aren't even really worth fighting unless you're EV training.

I know it doesn't REALLY take that long to run away from fight after fight, or even to one-shot them if you want to bother, but to me it really starts to feel frustrating after a while.

What do you guys think could be done to fix this or do you think its a necessary problem with the format or do you think that it's not a problem at all?

I think maybe have a more powerful repel that lasts for a longer period of time than max repel does, and what would be REALLY awesome would be to at least in post-game be able to choose whether you want to face Pokemon or not. Some sort of ability or something that is anti-Pokemon spray or whatever. Like a permanent repel that you can trigger on and off.

Either that or just speed up the process of throwing out your pokemon, or allow you to use the A button to speed through the process and skip the transitions and animations, OR turn down the encounter rate.
---
Shelton undoubtedly wants Cena's championship belt. And Cena undoubtedly wants Shelton's black heritage.- looseiver
#2MightyRevenantPosted 6/12/2013 2:15:42 AM
Annoying as they may be, random encounters are simply a part of these kinds of games. Buying Repels (or not if you wish) is also a part of the adventure.

If there was an option that'd let you 'skip' wild battles, it'd just come off as trying too hard to make a mechanic less grating.
---
Official Eviolite of the pretentious Pokemon fanbase on GameFAQs.
#3TherianReturnsPosted 6/12/2013 2:17:13 AM
I think hordes of Pokemon are going to be like the Psyducks in Sinnoh. Repel proof and blocks your path. And when you leave the route, they have a 50% chance of coming back.
---
I am the only true Pokemon fan. Find me at: http://www.youtube.com/user/AdventOfTherian/about
#4HHH is the game(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2013 10:06:51 AM
Bump
---
Shelton undoubtedly wants Cena's championship belt. And Cena undoubtedly wants Shelton's black heritage.- looseiver
#5HHH is the game(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2013 4:45:15 PM
HHH is the game posted...
Bump

---