This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

now you can switch between languages...

#1toxicaPosted 6/12/2013 3:41:50 AM
does it mean
1. mystery gift will be compatible with different regions
2. cart will be region free ie works on all region consoles
---
I'm loyal to Master Org, he gave me power to prevent being capture by any ball, cause i'm an org.
#2beebarbPosted 6/12/2013 4:23:39 AM
toxica posted...
does it mean
1. mystery gift will be compatible with different regions
2. cart will be region free ie works on all region consoles

The answer to both is no, unfortunately. The reasons being:

1. Events are coded for the game's country/region of origin, not language. A good example is Australia, though Pokemon players in Australia use copies with the same language as the US, UK and parts of Europe, we miss out on some events.

So playing the game in Japanese probably won't get you any Japanese events.

2. It probably won't be, as the region lock is in the cart header, not the actual game ROM. Plus, I have yet to see a single 3DS game card with the region-free region code in their Game ID code. Note the bolded area in the following example:

LNA-CTR-xxxO-cnt

the 'O' stands for "Other/Undefined Region". The 'LNA-CTR' part is irrelevant but seems to differ slightly with some titles, though this is the letter set I have seen most often.

So far, I have only seen the 'P' code in the Bolded area. The 'P' code meaning "Australia/Europe/United Kingdom". In case you were wondering 'cnt' is a placeholder for the country ID, that is mostly irrelevant, as the region code is what's important. You may have seen the 'E' region code if you are in America.

I have seen AUS, EUR and UKV country IDs on my 3DS game cards. I can't recall any further detail on region coding right now.
---
We shall rise again to start anew.
White FC: 0862-2660-4156 / 3DS FC: 2492-4470-1418 / White 2 FC: 4556-7836-2644