This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone getting X/Y in physical form but Z/X2/Y2 digital?

#1pratypusPosted 6/12/2013 4:17:53 AM
I am seriously considering doing this, while Pokemon is a game I indeed want to have with me all the time when the third version or the sequels come the base games become pretty much useless, so I'm thinking of getting the sequels digitally and trading in my Y version, anyone doing the same?
#2RX0megaPosted 6/12/2013 4:21:52 AM
Why even buy physically in the first place if you're going to trade it in? Just be smart and wait like everyone else who wants to save money. If the aim is to save money you're better off just waiting, even trading it in you'll only make back at most half the initial cost.

And no, I'm not going digital. Nintendo's digital system is absolutely insane, system tied is beyond stupid especially when they have PSN to base a model off of. I may already prefer physical but Nintendo's stupidity towards online is going to ensure I stay with physical.
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board
Long live gaming!
#3FishyGoodness12Posted 6/12/2013 4:22:00 AM
pratypus posted...
I am seriously considering doing this, while Pokemon is a game I indeed want to have with me all the time when the third version or the sequels come the base games become pretty much useless, so I'm thinking of getting the sequels digitally and trading in my Y version, anyone doing the same?

No because the sequels will also be useless when the next games come out or gen7
---
Not changing this sig until Tohru Adachi is added in Playstation Allstars Battle Royale.
#4pratypus(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2013 4:30:14 AM
It's not so much about saving for me, it's just that I know I'll get the sequel that way I can give the base game to my girlfriend or to a cousin or whatever, and I won't wait because I just can't XD

And the sequels wont become useless, you should always keep at least one game from each gen (preferably the third version) to be able to get older Pokemon and moves and transfer them over

That is why I only kept leaf green, emerald, heart gold, platinum and white 2 even though I had the base games.