This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So many old Pokemon shown in game, I think XYZ combined will have all 649

#1Long_BottomPosted 6/12/2013 5:19:07 AM(edited)
We know the Kalos region is huge enough that the Dex is being split into three parts, we know this game will have more Pokemon than usual, and from the old Pokemon that they've shown, they've shown quite a bit.

Direct gameplay footage shows Haunter, Houndour, Rhydon, Hydriegon etc. This basically confirms they and their evolutions are present.

Nintendo specifically chose to showcase Marill, Gardevour and Jigglypuff as new fairy types, so they're in, too, most likely.

Earlier trailers showed loads of Pokemon like Golurk, Bidoof, Psyduck and Magikarp. I'm not sure if these are canon, but I don't think there is precedent of showing Pokemon in a new game that weren't in the actual national dex.

And finally, there are other ways of showcasing Pokemon such as the Vannilite on the mans shirt and the statue of Palpitoad in the town square. It would be odd to have these pokemon popular enough to be on T shirts and monuments if they weren't part of the region.

I honestly think Nintendo is putting out all the stops. These games will have the most content, and the most Pokemon. The most exclusive Pokemon per version as well, to be able to fit all them in. But with the complete set of X, Y, Z (or X2Y2 whatever) you'll be able to get all the old Pokemon, and the new ones. Barring legendaries and starters.

GET HYPED.
---
The One4U Alliance - Support gaming! End console wars!
#2radred2004Posted 6/12/2013 5:18:14 AM
I hope they include all the pokemon, just not legends. Legends should be game specific, so they should be imported if from another generation/version. Too many legends get in the way in my opinion.
---
White: Daisy 1550 0892 3564 Gold: Gold 3268 1023 8138
#3scrappybristolPosted 6/12/2013 5:19:55 AM
I'm already hyped enough, I just bit through steel.
---
This sig is significant
#4FuneralCakePosted 6/12/2013 5:22:28 AM(edited)
I don't doubt that these Pokemon will be in the game at some point, whether in the Kalos Dex or National Dex, but I somehow doubt that all the legendaries will be in the game. I have a feeling they'll need to be transferred from previous gens. Hopefully I'm wrong, though.
---
THAT'S MISS HOME ROWED TO YOU
http://i.imgur.com/a95OQPq.gif
#5radred2004Posted 6/12/2013 5:23:42 AM
FuneralCake posted...
I don't doubt that these Pokemon will be in the game at some point, whether in the Kalos Dex or National Dex, but I somehow doubt that all the legendaries will be in the game. I have a feeling they'll need to be transferred from previous gens. Hopefully I'm wrong, though.

This is exactly what I'm hoping for. I don't like too many legendaries.
---
White: Daisy 1550 0892 3564 Gold: Gold 3268 1023 8138
#6-Oath-Posted 6/12/2013 5:25:14 AM
I really hope so. I don't care about version exclusives because I'm going to be trading a lot this Gen.
#7FuneralCakePosted 6/12/2013 5:25:54 AM
I actually don't have an issue with "too many legendaries" and honestly do not understand that complaint at all, but at the same time, I have difficulty seeing how they'd fit them all into one game. They'll probably be added in the third game/sequel/remakes.
---
THAT'S MISS HOME ROWED TO YOU
http://i.imgur.com/a95OQPq.gif
#8CM_PLUNGEPosted 6/12/2013 5:26:18 AM
scrappybristol posted...
I'm already hyped enough, I just bit through steel.

Haha :D.
---
3DS FC: 1547 5213 7769
#9SlimeStackPosted 6/12/2013 5:40:19 AM
I don't want transferring to be a requirement. Trading doesn't force you to buy other games, but transferring is designed with the expectation that you have several other games lying around with collections ready to be moved.

Even if it requires making 5 games like gen III and IV to distribute every Pokémon, I'll be happy just as long as I can complete the Pokédex with only gen VI. I really don't want to replay Black 2 and catch obscure things. Or even worse, do a double transfer from HGSS like with Hoenn starters/box legendaries.
---
Awaiting: Animal Crossing, AC3, LR:FFXIII, FFXIV:ARR, FFXV, BD:FF, Pokemon X, DA:I
#10Balamb00Posted 6/12/2013 5:49:15 AM(edited)
FuneralCake posted...
I actually don't have an issue with "too many legendaries" and honestly do not understand that complaint at all, but at the same time, I have difficulty seeing how they'd fit them all into one game. They'll probably be added in the third game/sequel/remakes.

For some people who play vicariously through the character with the broad imagination they themselves are a Pokemon Trainer, myself included, don't like the idea of many legendaries roaming a region. Personally I refuse to use them because the idea of an average Pokemon Trainer coming into contact with them should be extremely rare and they're over powered. (Not a bad thing, they're supposed to be) I would just like it if there were only 3-5 released per gen to maintain a rare and powerful consistency.

I however don't mind psuedo-legendary as there are many of them roaming around and requires you to be a skilled trainer in order to utilize them effectively. (Role-Play wise) (Multiple Bagon and Dratini and Larvitar)

There are more legendaries than Psuedo-legendary. That to me is an imbalance. IMO of course.

Also TC I doubt we'll be able to catch all Pokemon within this generation of games based on the working progress in attempting to trade from past gens. I foresee an Internet pass code obtained in game. I would love it if we could catch them all though.