This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think they should get rid of normal's weakness to fighting?

#21NeonDragon9000Posted 6/12/2013 5:39:35 PM
Alty1 posted...
Normal only seems "bad" on the surface. And, way back in Gen. I, Normal was arguably the best type in the game. It's only in later generations that Normal became less game-breaking than it used to be.

Nah man, Psychics blow normal types out of the water in Gen 1.

Psychic was broken in Gen. I due to poorly implemented mechanics. Normal was broken in Gen. I due to Fighting being underwhelming, very strong attacks (+ STAB) only being resisted by Rock and strong Normal types like Kangaskhan and Tauros dominating the metagame.

Normal has always been one of the best types in the game. Most teams may not have Normal types, but they will have many Normal attacks.
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
#22carpediempimpPosted 6/12/2013 5:42:32 PM
Fighting type isn't really broken its just that the metagame is centered around a type it makes it's b****
---
Just do it
#23NeonDragon9000Posted 6/12/2013 5:46:37 PM
Fighting-types have never been broken. They give up good offense for several weaknesses and a couple resistances. They could be seen as the opposite of the Steel type, I suppose.

I'm sorry, but anyone who doesn't think Dragon is OP right now probably doesn't do a lot of competitive battling. Dragon isn't broken per se, but it is taking over the metagame, and Fairy will help to balance it out, at least on paper. Until we actually see some Fairy Pokemon, it's hard to say what impact they will really have.
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe