This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So the Fairy type can kick a Dragon type's butt, yet Steel can't?

#1Sword_of_DuskPosted 6/12/2013 6:44:09 AM
I mean, when you consider all of the stories about knights in shining armor slaying dragons, it would make some sense to have Steel types hit dragons for super-effective damage.
---
The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over.
#2FuneralCakePosted 6/12/2013 6:46:23 AM
Pokemon doesn't make sense though, so there's that.
---
THAT'S MISS HOME ROWED TO YOU
http://i.imgur.com/a95OQPq.gif
#3PkmTrainerAbramPosted 6/12/2013 6:46:32 AM
A good number of dragon slayers in faire tales have magic embued blades of some kind. Usually.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Platinum(493/493 now a 3 Star Trainer!), Street Fighter 3(Xbox online), Rocket Knight Adventures(Sega Genesis)
#4SlimeStackPosted 6/12/2013 6:46:47 AM
To be fair, they're usually enchanted or legendary swords of some description. It's probably where Fairy comes into play in a very loose way.

<.<
---
Awaiting: Animal Crossing, AC3, LR:FFXIII, FFXIV:ARR, FFXV, BD:FF, Pokemon X, DA:I
#5Sword_of_Dusk(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2013 7:00:35 AM(edited)
SlimeStack posted...
To be fair, they're usually enchanted or legendary swords of some description. It's probably where Fairy comes into play in a very loose way.

<.<

Ahh, like Excalibur being enchanted by the Lady of the Lake(I think), who was a fairy of some sort, right? It finally makes some sense, and I feel better for it. Go Fairy type!
---
The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over.
#6MissCarriagePosted 6/12/2013 6:58:38 AM
Sword_of_Dusk posted...
SlimeStack posted...

<.<

Ahh, like Exacalibur being enchanted by the Lady of the Lake(I think), who was a fairy of some sort, right? It finally makes some sense, and I feel better for it. Go Fairy type!

Yep. :D

Most swords or manmade weapons alone are unable to cut a dragon's hide until it is embued with some magic. Look at Legend of Zelda!
---
Love me long time.
#7el_tercer_poderPosted 6/12/2013 7:38:47 AM(edited)
Yeah, magical weapons would make more sense...I guess.

Also, as for Fairy-type (probably) being weak to Steel-type moves...maybe they took the Fae's inherent weakness to iron as an explanation...
---
"Many of you feel bad for this lamp...That is because you're crazy.
It has no feelings! And the new one is much better." (IKEA's Lamp commercial)
#8wind64aPosted 6/12/2013 7:38:24 AM
So, is anyone using Navi?
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W2 FC: 3783 7001 3142
#9javel34Posted 6/12/2013 7:39:29 AM
So if I can get Sylveon to excrete fairy juice I can throw it on my Steelix and wreck people?
---
Black 2 FC: 3569 1730 6208 http://zettai-cosplay.deviantart.com/art/Skyla-Cosplay-244148531 my wife. Doesn't count Tiger, this ones real.
#10fuzi11Posted 6/12/2013 7:40:57 AM
Sword_of_Dusk posted...
I mean, when you consider all of the stories about knights in shining armor slaying dragons, it would make some sense to have Steel types hit dragons for super-effective damage.

To be fair: A lot of brave knights in shiny armors with sharp swords get incinerated by dragons