This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So the Fairy type can kick a Dragon type's butt, yet Steel can't?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. So the Fairy type can kick a Dragon type's butt, yet Steel can't?
3 years ago#1
I mean, when you consider all of the stories about knights in shining armor slaying dragons, it would make some sense to have Steel types hit dragons for super-effective damage.
The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over.
3 years ago#2
Pokemon doesn't make sense though, so there's that.
THAT'S MISS HOME ROWED TO YOU
http://i.imgur.com/a95OQPq.gif
3 years ago#3
A good number of dragon slayers in faire tales have magic embued blades of some kind. Usually.
Currently playing: Pokemon Platinum(493/493 now a 3 Star Trainer!), Street Fighter 3(Xbox online), Rocket Knight Adventures(Sega Genesis)
3 years ago#4
To be fair, they're usually enchanted or legendary swords of some description. It's probably where Fairy comes into play in a very loose way.

<.<
Awaiting: Animal Crossing, AC3, LR:FFXIII, FFXIV:ARR, FFXV, BD:FF, Pokemon X, DA:I
3 years ago#5
SlimeStack posted...
To be fair, they're usually enchanted or legendary swords of some description. It's probably where Fairy comes into play in a very loose way.

<.<

Ahh, like Excalibur being enchanted by the Lady of the Lake(I think), who was a fairy of some sort, right? It finally makes some sense, and I feel better for it. Go Fairy type!
The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over.
3 years ago#6
Sword_of_Dusk posted...
SlimeStack posted...

<.<

Ahh, like Exacalibur being enchanted by the Lady of the Lake(I think), who was a fairy of some sort, right? It finally makes some sense, and I feel better for it. Go Fairy type!

Yep. :D

Most swords or manmade weapons alone are unable to cut a dragon's hide until it is embued with some magic. Look at Legend of Zelda!
Love me long time.
3 years ago#7
Yeah, magical weapons would make more sense...I guess.

Also, as for Fairy-type (probably) being weak to Steel-type moves...maybe they took the Fae's inherent weakness to iron as an explanation...
"Many of you feel bad for this lamp...That is because you're crazy.
It has no feelings! And the new one is much better." (IKEA's Lamp commercial)
3 years ago#8
So, is anyone using Navi?
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W2 FC: 3783 7001 3142
3 years ago#9
So if I can get Sylveon to excrete fairy juice I can throw it on my Steelix and wreck people?
Black 2 FC: 3569 1730 6208 http://zettai-cosplay.deviantart.com/art/Skyla-Cosplay-244148531 my wife. Doesn't count Tiger, this ones real.
3 years ago#10
Sword_of_Dusk posted...
I mean, when you consider all of the stories about knights in shining armor slaying dragons, it would make some sense to have Steel types hit dragons for super-effective damage.

To be fair: A lot of brave knights in shiny armors with sharp swords get incinerated by dragons
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. So the Fairy type can kick a Dragon type's butt, yet Steel can't?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived