This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So the Fairy type can kick a Dragon type's butt, yet Steel can't?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. So the Fairy type can kick a Dragon type's butt, yet Steel can't?

User Info: Sword_of_Dusk

Sword_of_Dusk
3 years ago#11
javel34 posted...
So if I can get Sylveon to excrete fairy juice I can throw it on my Steelix and wreck people?

That sounds far dirtier than I think you meant it to.

....Or does it?
The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over.

User Info: RDS1

RDS1
3 years ago#12
Sword_of_Dusk posted...
I mean, when you consider all of the stories about knights in shining armor slaying dragons, it would make some sense to have Steel types hit dragons for super-effective damage.

Well, when you consider the already-existing type chart, then there's the fact that swords and armor are made of metal, and most dragons in those types of stories tend to breathe fire, and... yeah...
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)

User Info: Socran

Socran
3 years ago#13
el_tercer_poder posted...
Also, as for Fairy-type (probably) being weak to Steel-type moves...maybe they took the Fae's inherent weakness to iron as an explanation...

I considered Fary's weakness to Steel and Poison being representative of technology and pollution encroaching on magic and the natural world.
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."

User Info: KillerMechanoid

KillerMechanoid
3 years ago#14
Basically the knight's armor protects him from the dragon's non-fire attacks, hence Steel resisting Dragon but weak to fire.

The sword on the other hand, is enchanted with magic, which is what kills the dragon. Hence Fairy beats Dragon.

User Info: hiphops_savior

hiphops_savior
3 years ago#15
Bisharp switches into Outrage locked Salamence, swords dance and sucker punch it to oblivion.

User Info: Melkac

Melkac
3 years ago#16
Sword_of_Dusk posted...
SlimeStack posted...
To be fair, they're usually enchanted or legendary swords of some description. It's probably where Fairy comes into play in a very loose way.

<.<

Ahh, like Excalibur being enchanted by the Lady of the Lake(I think), who was a fairy of some sort, right? It finally makes some sense, and I feel better for it. Go Fairy type!

Yay we're all friends now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43C2aBKMqeA
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. So the Fairy type can kick a Dragon type's butt, yet Steel can't?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived