This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So the Fairy type can kick a Dragon type's butt, yet Steel can't?

#11Sword_of_Dusk(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2013 6:44:47 AM
javel34 posted...
So if I can get Sylveon to excrete fairy juice I can throw it on my Steelix and wreck people?

That sounds far dirtier than I think you meant it to.

....Or does it?
---
The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over.
#12RDS1Posted 6/12/2013 6:59:55 AM
Sword_of_Dusk posted...
I mean, when you consider all of the stories about knights in shining armor slaying dragons, it would make some sense to have Steel types hit dragons for super-effective damage.

Well, when you consider the already-existing type chart, then there's the fact that swords and armor are made of metal, and most dragons in those types of stories tend to breathe fire, and... yeah...
---
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)
#13SocranPosted 6/13/2013 11:49:38 PM
el_tercer_poder posted...
Also, as for Fairy-type (probably) being weak to Steel-type moves...maybe they took the Fae's inherent weakness to iron as an explanation...

I considered Fary's weakness to Steel and Poison being representative of technology and pollution encroaching on magic and the natural world.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#14KillerMechanoidPosted 6/13/2013 11:58:01 PM
Basically the knight's armor protects him from the dragon's non-fire attacks, hence Steel resisting Dragon but weak to fire.

The sword on the other hand, is enchanted with magic, which is what kills the dragon. Hence Fairy beats Dragon.
#15hiphops_saviorPosted 6/14/2013 12:25:55 AM
Bisharp switches into Outrage locked Salamence, swords dance and sucker punch it to oblivion.
#16MelkacPosted 6/14/2013 2:33:55 AM
Sword_of_Dusk posted...
SlimeStack posted...
To be fair, they're usually enchanted or legendary swords of some description. It's probably where Fairy comes into play in a very loose way.

<.<

Ahh, like Excalibur being enchanted by the Lady of the Lake(I think), who was a fairy of some sort, right? It finally makes some sense, and I feel better for it. Go Fairy type!

Yay we're all friends now.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43C2aBKMqeA