This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Azumarill gets nerfed.......sigh......

#51_KGC_Posted 6/12/2013 11:33:31 AM
I see i will wait for actual reply and not leaked info as most time it turns out to be false

IIRC that leaker has been right with all his other leaks.
---
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
- Yogi Berra
#52reaverzPosted 6/12/2013 11:36:02 AM
lucariopikmin posted...
It will still be to slow to do anything.

Azumarill is UU in Gen V, it's actually a good Pokemon and revenge killer. The Fairy typing only adds to its revenge-killing prowess, since it can come in to revenge a Dragon locked into Outrage. Even if it lacks decent physical Fairy STAB, it still has Ice Punch to make short work of most Dragon-types.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#53lucariopikminPosted 6/12/2013 11:38:11 AM
_KGC_ posted...
I see i will wait for actual reply and not leaked info as most time it turns out to be false

IIRC that leaker has been right with all his other leaks.

Doesn't mean it will be correct.
It doesn't even look like Fairy is SE against Dark, since in the video Hydreigon survived the Fairy attack.
And even then Fairy will still not be as good to kill Dragons as Ice is.
---
B2 FC:3998-6276-2421
Member of the Ace Breeding Center
#54lucariopikminPosted 6/12/2013 11:39:56 AM
reaverz posted...
lucariopikmin posted...
It will still be to slow to do anything.

Azumarill is UU in Gen V, it's actually a good Pokemon and revenge killer. The Fairy typing only adds to its revenge-killing prowess, since it can come in to revenge a Dragon locked into Outrage. Even if it lacks decent physical Fairy STAB, it still has Ice Punch to make short work of most Dragon-types.

That is if Fairy resist Dragon, which isn't confirmed.
---
#55Plasma EXEPosted 6/12/2013 11:43:39 AM
Most popular dragons are 4x weak to Ice (which azumarill has with ice punch, topped with huge power). Unless there's a pretty strong fairy attack that exceeds 100 base atk, the difference won't be all that huge.
---
The official Shiki-Ouji of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
3DS FC - 2750-1413-5336
#56yzmanPosted 6/12/2013 11:44:13 AM
lucariopikmin posted...
XcZeus3469 posted...
lucariopikmin posted...
LazorFist posted...
Assuming the rumors Azumarill only gets weaknesses to Grass, Electric, and Poison as his Water type cancels out Fairy's Steel weakness. On the other hand Azumarill will now have STAB super effective coverage against Ground, Fire, Rock, Fighting, Dark, and Dragon.

Fairy is only confirmed to be SE against Dragon.

actually no we got all of the fairy +/- confirmed

They only said it was strong against Dragons, not that they resist it.

Perhaps you missed the bolded part? It clearly says assuming the rumors, meaning the pokebeach rumors.
---
"As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away."
#57reaverzPosted 6/12/2013 11:45:44 AM
lucariopikmin posted...

Well yeah, I am assuming that the leaker from Pokebeach is correct and that Fairy is immune to Dragon, but considering he's been right about almost everything in that batch...
---
#58lucariopikminPosted 6/12/2013 11:46:43 AM
reaverz posted...
lucariopikmin posted...

Well yeah, I am assuming that the leaker from Pokebeach is correct and that Fairy is immune to Dragon, but considering he's been right about almost everything in that batch...

Also stated that Fairy is SE against Dark, yet Hydreigon survived the Fairy attack.
---
#59reaverzPosted 6/12/2013 12:03:10 PM
lucariopikmin posted...
Also stated that Fairy is SE against Dark, yet Hydreigon survived the Fairy attack.

Yeah, I think that along with Fairy having no resistances, Fairy being super effective against Dark are the only parts that may be wrong. Apparently the source was going off memory from his playtesting with all those type matchups. That being said, Fairy being immune to Dragon-type moves doesn't sound like something that one would easily forget. He must have had seen a Dragon-type move have no effect on a Fairy-type Pokemon in the game.
---
#60lucariopikminPosted 6/12/2013 12:06:55 PM
reaverz posted...
lucariopikmin posted...

Yeah, I think that along with Fairy having no resistances, Fairy being super effective against Dark are the only parts that may be wrong. Apparently the source was going off memory from his playtesting with all those type matchups. That being said, Fairy being immune to Dragon-type moves doesn't sound like something that one would easily forget. He must have had seen a Dragon-type move have no effect on a Fairy-type Pokemon in the game.

Fairy would need to at least resist Dragon to be good, if it doesn't it will be worse than Ice.
And Dragons still have their powerful coverage attacks with which they can attack them.
---