This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My hope for Clauncher...

#1SkyknightPosted 6/12/2013 8:52:56 AM
Given that Clauncher's blasts are supposed to be able to crack a boulder...It sounds kind of like the urban legend of mantis shrimp's claw strikes being able to break an aquarium's glass.

So, can we hope that Clauncher will evolve into a Water/Fighting mantis shrimp? It's long past time the game had one...
#2ScepterOfLovePosted 6/12/2013 8:54:37 AM
I was thinking posssible water/fighting as well, but my guess is it will just be water.

(At least you're not one of those "water/fire pistol shrimp!!" people)
---
"Yet here we are, shaking our booties..."
My movie review blog: logankrum.wordpress.com
#3sabeta_samaPosted 6/12/2013 8:54:57 AM
Clauncher may make the obligatory water type list, for me.
---
Official Gardevoir of the Pokemon X Message Boards
#4FuneralCakePosted 6/12/2013 8:54:59 AM
That could be fun. Honestly, I just really don't want it to evolve into a Water/Dark type, but it looks sorta evil aready. We already have Crawdaunt.
---
THAT'S MISS HOME ROWED TO YOU
http://i.imgur.com/a95OQPq.gif
#5Skyknight(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2013 8:57:12 AM
I will say that if it evolves into a mantis shrimp, it had better learn Foresight, and/or have Compound Eyes (or even Colored Lens) as a possible trait.
#6Skyknight(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2013 8:58:48 AM
Oh yes--I do have an idea for a fire/water pokemon, but definitely not a pistol shrimp. I'm thinking basilisk. Combine the real-world basilisk (a lizard that can run short distances on water) with the mythical one (some bestiaries claim that its gaze and breath don't just kill you--they cause spontaneous combustion), and...
#7caddiwPosted 6/12/2013 9:00:40 AM
But wasn't froakie leaked to become water/fighting? Wouldn't the crustacean becoming the same combo still the hype/uniqueness from froakie?

I'm not trying to be a jerk or crush anyone's hopes.
---
Black 2 FC: 4943 4394 9353
#8Skyknight(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2013 9:03:39 AM
I'm thinking in terms of the mantis shrimp's general pugnaciousness--nearly Primeape levels. Its usual reaction to anything is to swat it with one of its claws. Those claws can strike with the velocity of a rifle bullet, although certainly not the force of one (not nearly enough mass). Still enough to crack the shells of prey molluscs and crabs, though.

(Fighting or no Fighting, Brick Break should be an obvious move for it to have.)
#9Gigaman222Posted 6/15/2013 11:17:26 AM
Well first off, it isn't a myth that mantis shrimps can break glass because they can. There are two types, clubbers and spearers. My first peacock mantis shrimp (RIP) burrowed to the bottom of the tank and kept "clubbing" the glass until it finally cracked and split. It didn't shatter but the water leaked out and before I got home was completely drained. My new one is in a acrylic tank now.

Anyways, I could see a mantis shrimp Pokemon as either fighting/water, dark/water, or even fire/water. Mantis shrimps strike with such a force it actually causes the water to boil. They are extremely speedy and aggressive. Mine attacks a laser pointer light like a rabid demon.

Ability wise, compound eyes, swift swim, sheer force would be what I'd expect.

Stat wise, I'd hope for something with high attack and high speed based on an actual mantis shrimp. Probably low special attack and low special defense. Decent defense and decent Health is wishful thinking. Please GF make my wise come true lol.
#10snuffles504Posted 6/15/2013 11:29:32 AM
caddiw posted...
But wasn't froakie leaked to become water/fighting? Wouldn't the crustacean becoming the same combo still the hype/uniqueness from froakie?

I'm not trying to be a jerk or crush anyone's hopes.

Yup.

I mean, just take a look at Infernape.
....and Emboar.

On second thought, don't look at them.
---
Official Rinzler of the Kingdom Hearts III Board
R - Hyuck hyuck hyuck!