This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you feel about Red and Blue not being on the 3DS VC?

#1Rupin_SalesmanPosted 6/12/2013 9:41:16 AM
I don't care much, but still.
---
"I love going on message boards and complaining about games I've never played!"
- Francis, Super Paper Mario
#2Mewtwo_soulPosted 6/12/2013 9:43:22 AM
I'd like them. Would be a fun pass time playing through the like of older versions. Especially since my RBY games are dead right now.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#3PkmTrainerAbramPosted 6/12/2013 9:43:27 AM
Don't care. Already 100% them and backed up the files on that yellow GB mega memory card. Nothing left for me to do in them ever.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Platinum(493/493 now a 3 Star Trainer!), Street Fighter 3(Xbox online), Rocket Knight Adventures(Sega Genesis)
#4PheonixFFire7Posted 6/12/2013 9:51:31 AM
I dont think Gamefreak wants to bring back RBY or GSC. It will cause confusion among newer players who were born well after those gens. The inability to transfer over will be frustrating to players who take it for granted that every Pokemon game always has some connectivity features. If anything, we're much more likely to see a FRLG or RSE re-release, and even then I doubt it only because there would have to be new mechanics implemented to allow for transferring from the VC version of the games into the DS/3DS carts.
#5AnclationPosted 6/12/2013 9:51:36 AM
Stupid. I hope Nintendo and Game Freak will refrain from complaining about pirated versions of Pokemon Red and Blue in the future, seeing how they're not interested in doing anything with these games.
---
We Endorse The Creation of Majora's Mask 3D:
http://www.facebook.com/OperationMoonfall
#6Mewtwo_soulPosted 6/12/2013 9:53:57 AM(edited)
PheonixFFire7 posted...
I dont think Gamefreak wants to bring back RBY or GSC. It will cause confusion among newer players who were born well after those gens. The inability to transfer over will be frustrating to players who take it for granted that every Pokemon game always has some connectivity features. If anything, we're much more likely to see a FRLG or RSE re-release, and even then I doubt it only because there would have to be new mechanics implemented to allow for transferring from the VC version of the games into the DS/3DS carts.

No. That's very unlikely and would probably never happen. The older games would be just that classic references.

Edit: There would be no reason to work on adding all kinds of mehcanics to make it possible to transfer them, when they could just sell the games unchanged.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#7SlimeStackPosted 6/12/2013 10:06:49 AM
Why on earth would I want to play Red or Blue when X and Y are coming out?
---
Awaiting: Animal Crossing, AC3, LR:FFXIII, FFXIV:ARR, FFXV, BD:FF, Pokemon X, DA:I