This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"Pokemon that love you will dodge, and crit more"

#1Hierarchy225Posted 6/12/2013 11:22:30 AM(edited)
What do you think of this feature? - Results (252 votes)
Good
26.98% (68 votes)
Meh
16.27% (41 votes)
Bad
25.4% (64 votes)
Hilarious
31.35% (79 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Lol, I love you Gamefreak. Thanks to Pokemon Amie pokemon that loves its trainer a lot will get boosts like higher Dodge, and Crit Rate(Absol will love this). I wonder how Smogon, and metagame will react to this.

Me: "Noivern, dodge that attack!"

*Noivern dodges*

Opponent: "Hax!"

*rage quits*

Maybe Smogon will only let Pokemon that hate you in their metagame?
---
The Official Noivern of the Pokemon X Board
#2caddiwPosted 6/12/2013 11:21:30 AM
Overall I like it. Gives weaker mon's a chance (yay Pikachu).

I do see it being something I like only for the benefit of myself though, hating it when my opponent uses it(double team rotom).
---
Black 2 FC: 4943 4394 9353
#3Mewtwo_soulPosted 6/12/2013 11:23:34 AM
I can't believe people think it'll give weaker Pokemon a chance.

Slower more fragile Pokemon will still be crap. All this means is now BULKY, tough ass tier Pokemon, are going to have a field day dodging and killing everything in their way or has a chance to check their balance issue.

Don't even look at Ubers.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#4LexifoxPosted 6/12/2013 11:23:38 AM
caddiw posted...

I do see it being something I like only for the benefit of myself though, hating it when my opponent uses it(double team rotom).

How does this give weaker Pokemon a chance if the stronger Pokemon get the same advantages?
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#5JustinTheJaggedPosted 6/12/2013 11:25:07 AM
Meh. Then again this is likely because I don't care about the "meta game", either.
---
Gamer for life, 31 years and counting.
A life without video games is not a life worth living.
#6LexifoxPosted 6/12/2013 11:26:26 AM
JustinTheJagged posted...
Meh. Then again this is likely because I don't care about the "meta game", either.

If it applies to the CPU, you can expect more hax.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#7Mewtwo_soulPosted 6/12/2013 11:27:26 AM(edited)
Lexifox posted...

It better not, or I'll cry. (Seriously I've seen AI critical hit me 10+ times in a row outside of battle tower often)
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#8AzurinaiPosted 6/12/2013 11:27:21 AM
Lexifox posted...
caddiw posted...

How does this give weaker Pokemon a chance if the stronger Pokemon get the same advantages?

Usually the weaker pokemon are one-shotted, but now they can potentially avoid attacks al-together giving them a small chance to do stuff, even if the other side can do that too.

Another thing, usually the weaker pokemon have more evasion or critical moves like ratata with focus energy or jiggly puff with minimize.
---
This post has a +1 to topic killing, +3 vs Trolls and other regenerating entities.
NNID- Azurus MHU- Raiss Team Noir: Ninetales
#9OhHeyltsYouPosted 6/12/2013 11:27:34 AM
Makes my Farfetch'd slightly less worthless.
---
PSN: NaturaIBorn
#10JustinTheJaggedPosted 6/12/2013 11:28:21 AM
Lexifox posted...

Huh, I never thought of that. That could have some pretty hilarious results.
---
Gamer for life, 31 years and counting.
A life without video games is not a life worth living.