This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"Pokemon that love you will dodge, and crit more"

#11torentdragonPosted 6/12/2013 11:28:29 AM
Is it confirmed you can use this online?
---
:/
#12Mewtwo_soulPosted 6/12/2013 11:29:10 AM
Azurinai posted...
Lexifox posted...
caddiw posted...
Overall I like it. Gives weaker mon's a chance (yay Pikachu).

I do see it being something I like only for the benefit of myself though, hating it when my opponent uses it(double team rotom).

How does this give weaker Pokemon a chance if the stronger Pokemon get the same advantages?

Usually the weaker pokemon are one-shotted, but now they can potentially avoid attacks al-together giving them a small chance to do stuff, even if the other side can do that too.

Another thing, usually the weaker pokemon have more evasion or critical moves like ratata with focus energy or jiggly puff with minimize.

They have to be fast enough to outspeed the other Pokemon, and then they'd have to survive long enough (assuming no Focus Band/Sash)
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#13caddiwPosted 6/12/2013 11:31:18 AM
Azurinai posted...
Lexifox posted...
caddiw posted...
Overall I like it. Gives weaker mon's a chance (yay Pikachu).

I do see it being something I like only for the benefit of myself though, hating it when my opponent uses it(double team rotom).

How does this give weaker Pokemon a chance if the stronger Pokemon get the same advantages?

Usually the weaker pokemon are one-shotted, but now they can potentially avoid attacks al-together giving them a small chance to do stuff, even if the other side can do that too.

Another thing, usually the weaker pokemon have more evasion or critical moves like ratata with focus energy or jiggly puff with minimize.

Couldn't have said it better if I wanted to... because we're typing.
---
Black 2 FC: 4943 4394 9353
#14AysanderPosted 6/12/2013 11:36:05 AM
Did serebii ever find out if IGN's tweeter was blowing smoke or not? B/c we dunno if those're the effects of Pokemon-Amie or not.
#15zombiabsolPosted 6/12/2013 11:37:50 AM
Absols not that bad for its crappy stats, outside of attack.

I have used an absol against ou teams and it does just fine.

But I can't wait to pet and feed my favorite pokemon....
---
Dream games: Sly cooper 5 with bigger open world environments with side quests, and Resident Evil 7 being the perfect blend of action and horror.
Plz.
#16Ray GunPosted 6/12/2013 11:38:25 AM
literally anyone that approves of more luck be added to this game is just lol
---
rg
#17LexifoxPosted 6/12/2013 11:47:20 AM
So a few things wrong with this logic.

1. If the opponent is more likely to crit, your "usually one-shotted" Pokemon are "certainly" one-shotted.

2. If you and the opponent both have the same buffs from this, then by default the stronger Pokemon still has the advantage.

3. Do you think that Pokemon like Raticate would be able to set up against the big name threats? Using Focus Energy?

4. If the evasion rate is so good that Raticate, etc. can reliably "set up" on "OU" Pokemon... then won't most of those Pokemon be carrying 100% accurate moves like Aerial Ace, which nullifies your main boon and, again, plays in their favor because they have notably better stats?
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#18XcZeus3469Posted 6/12/2013 11:50:47 AM
Hierarchy225 posted...
Lol, I love you Gamefreak. Thanks to Pokemon Amie pokemon that loves its trainer a lot will get boosts like higher Dodge, and Crit Rate(Absol will love this). I wonder how Smogon, and metagame will react to this.

Me: "Noivern, dodge that attack!"

*Noivern dodges*

Opponent: "Hax!"

*rage quits*

Maybe Smogon will finally lose it's crown in controlling the metagame?

fix'd for ya
---
"I read this as a Bannanable Offense. I was like, what ksing with Soraka?"-Kirby 1207
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/CommanderKJK-1173/hero/60977
#19Ray GunPosted 6/12/2013 11:52:07 AM
Lexifox posted...

1. If the opponent is more likely to crit, your "usually one-shotted" Pokemon are "certainly" one-shotted.

2. If you and the opponent both have the same buffs from this, then by default the stronger Pokemon still has the advantage.

3. Do you think that Pokemon like Raticate would be able to set up against the big name threats? Using Focus Energy?

4. If the evasion rate is so good that Raticate, etc. can reliably "set up" on "OU" Pokemon... then won't most of those Pokemon be carrying 100% accurate moves like Aerial Ace, which nullifies your main boon and, again, plays in their favor because they have notably better stats?

yeah all this does is just keep pretty much everything the same but make it more luck based and therefore less fun
---
rg
#20Mewtwo_soulPosted 6/12/2013 11:53:57 AM
Ray Gun posted...
Lexifox posted...

yeah all this does is just keep pretty much everything the same but make it more luck based and therefore less fun

I'm glad some people here know what they're talking about.

You can give an advantage to a crappier Pokemon, and it'll be better, but when you give the same advantages to high tier Pokemon that boost is nullified.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.