This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fairy type was created to counter Dragon type. Cute.

#11ClassyOldHatPosted 6/12/2013 11:25:37 AM
Alty1 posted...
There is nothing other than the measures they have in place to check stealth rock to make it not broken except by removing it entirely

They could add a scrappy spinner.

Or they could add an alternative method of removing entry hazards. Another move with another type? Or alter Rock types so they absorb Stealth Rocks like Poison types absorb spikes.

Or they could add additional ways to discourage entry hazard use. An ability that boosts the stats of a mon hit be an entry hazard, or a move that switches the field conditions for the teams.

I like your style. I'm fond of the Absorption idea myself; Stealth Rock deserved such a mechanic WAY more than Toxic Spikes (There are more types and abilities that nullify or benefit from TS in comparison to the other hazards that I'm almost surprised it sees any use, especially considering two turns of setup).

Your other ideas are pretty creative, too.
#12Krio Lv3Posted 6/13/2013 9:58:42 PM
Maybe a couple more Hazards?

Icicle Spikes?
Grasping Vines? (Maybe a Leech Seed esque Spike)

I'd also like to finally see a move that Freezes 70-100% of the time like Thunder Wave and Will O Wisp.
---
Taylor Lautner - Giving me strength since the New Moon
#13Wings of FortePosted 6/13/2013 10:05:30 PM
Or they make an item and switch out moves that ignores or clears out hazards.
---
A.K.A Red Dingo
#14RTC3Posted 6/13/2013 10:16:18 PM
I'd also like to finally see a move that Freezes 70-100% of the time like Thunder Wave and Will O Wisp.

lmao
---
<3 *Yao Ming* <3http://i.imgur.com/ulNUN.png<3 *Yao Ming* <3
ICEMEN http://i.imgur.com/xv0NvNr.png
#15jneal57Posted 6/13/2013 10:16:58 PM
what did you want them to do, make a new trailer like 20 seconds long that only shoes the x and y logo then "now with new stealth rock".
---
:3 kitty kitty
#16yzmanPosted 6/13/2013 10:43:35 PM
The best fix for it would be to limit damage it causes. It should not do 50% to something 4x weak to rock considering its so easy to setup and CONTINUALLY WORKS.

I could also see perhaps that it only last so long, maybe a certain amount of turns or a certain amount of switches.
---
"As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away."
#17reaverzPosted 6/13/2013 11:03:34 PM
That doesn't sound like something GameFreak would care much about announcing. If they did nerf Stealth Rock, we won't find out until October.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#18shino_of_leafPosted 6/13/2013 11:20:15 PM
yzman posted...
The best fix for it would be to limit damage it causes. It should not do 50% to something 4x weak to rock considering its so easy to setup and CONTINUALLY WORKS.

I could also see perhaps that it only last so long, maybe a certain amount of turns or a certain amount of switches.

This would actually fix SR. I like the idea of it only doing at max 20-25% damage and disappears after 3 switch-ins or 3-5 turns.
---
APnation posted...
I don't see the point in getting MW3 when BF3 will be far more superior.
#19pokemonfreak97Posted 6/18/2013 11:24:04 AM
Scrappy Rapid Spinner + make Rock-type Pokemon absorb SR (but no other hazards, unless they're a grounded Rock/Poison) on switch in. There; problem solved.
---
nuskooI posted...
You nooblet mainstreamers and your reverse nostalgia.
#20ADono4Posted 6/18/2013 11:31:43 AM
New Item called "PokeShoes"

Protects pokemon from stealth rock.

Enjoy new item.
---
This signature will not be changed until someone tells me to do otherwise.