This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fairy type was created to counter Dragon type. Cute.

#21MizunoRyuuPosted 6/20/2013 2:44:31 PM
Stealth Rock is only a problem for competitive battlers, which is a very small percentage of Pokemon's fanbase. It'd be fine if it didn't hit weaknesses or resistances though, dealing a flat percent of health per switch. Also, if you don't have Rapid Spin against Stealth Rockers, you have a deathwish anyway.
---
Evelynn is my waifu.
Help... Me...
#22taa20Posted 6/20/2013 3:01:51 PM
I like the idea of limiting the number of switches it can hit on and/or setting it to deal a fixed damage (ignoring weakness and resistance). I know it only affects competitive battlers mostly, but the idea of entire Pokemon being considered usable or not because of how one move affects it just seems wrong to me.
#23Sad_FacePosted 6/20/2013 3:10:25 PM
Stealth Rock is only a problem for competitive battlers, which is a very small percentage of Pokemon's fanbase. It'd be fine if it didn't hit weaknesses or resistances though, dealing a flat percent of health per switch. Also, if you don't have Rapid Spin against Stealth Rockers, you have a deathwish anyway.

The Dragon monopolization of the metagame only concerned that same tiny population of the Pokemon's fanbase, yet they still addressed it with the Fairy typing. So I'm not seeing your point.
#24ALCPosted 6/20/2013 4:26:20 PM
I think stealth rock should not only do less damage, but it should disappear once a pokemon takes damage from it. That way, it would have to be continually reapplied and not as easy to abuse.
---
"I don't play WoW as much anymore because i have a lot of friends (over 700 on facebook) and I get a lot of girls hitting on me now." - SomeLikeItHoth
#25BrightStar7Posted 6/20/2013 4:32:17 PM
I don't think it should do less damage. The real problem is that it only takes one turn to set up something so good. They need to make it a double or 3 turn set up for the same damage.
---
BANZAI Xerneas-sama!!! >_<
#26Sir_SpecterPosted 6/20/2013 6:39:24 PM
Krio Lv3 posted...
Maybe a couple more Hazards?

Icicle Spikes?
Grasping Vines? (Maybe a Leech Seed esque Spike)

I'd also like to finally see a move that Freezes 70-100% of the time like Thunder Wave and Will O Wisp.

I hope that you're joking. Those are by far the worst ideas for moves that I've ever heard. "Hazards are broken. So maybe we just need MOAR OF THEM!" Oh, and there's a very very good reason there's no status move like that. Everyone would just spam the hell out of it and win. Freeze is the most damning status. That's why there's nothing that has more than a low chance of causing it.
#27UltraOshawottPosted 6/20/2013 6:43:07 PM
...then ban Stealth Rock from tournaments?
---
My 3DS FC: 0860-3581-9005
#28Sir_SpecterPosted 6/20/2013 6:56:12 PM
UltraOshawott posted...
...then ban Stealth Rock from tournaments?

It probably should be. I'd get behind that.