This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Scenario: Lilligant becomes part Fairy.

#21reaverzPosted 6/13/2013 12:53:34 AM
FuneralCake posted...
I would actually be surprised if it's not Grass/Fairy. It's almost like they designed it with gen 6 and the Fairy type in mind.

You know, I have this hunch that Fairy was actually drafted up in the middle of development of Gen V, but it was too late to add it at that point so they had to wait until Gen VI. The way you believe that they designed Lilligant with the Fairy type in mind, I think of Audino.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#22bratzboyPosted 6/14/2013 1:16:55 PM
I feel like Bellossom deserves the fairy type WAY more, she's been neglected for so long. All Lilligant needs is a better move pool, but even now she's still usable, unlike Bellossom who didn't even get quiver dance :(
#23ZTIger5Posted 6/14/2013 1:19:08 PM
I certainly hope so. She's one of my favorites for a potential Fairy.
---
Playing) Fire Emblem: Awakening, Guild Wars 2
Waiting) Pokemon XY
#24snuffles504Posted 6/14/2013 1:23:39 PM
agent9149 posted...
What about fire and poison types? They'd run right through her.

Because they don't do that already?
---
Official Rinzler of the Kingdom Hearts III Board
R - Hyuck hyuck hyuck!
#25reaverzPosted 6/14/2013 1:25:04 PM
bratzboy posted...
I feel like Bellossom deserves the fairy type WAY more, she's been neglected for so long. All Lilligant needs is a better move pool, but even now she's still usable, unlike Bellossom who didn't even get quiver dance :(

I wouldn't worry about Bellossom not acquiring the Fairy type, since it's the only Pokemon that goes from being a dual-type Pokemon to becoming mono-type. A dual Fairy-typing would fix that oddity.
---
#26wind64aPosted 6/14/2013 1:25:35 PM
reaverz posted...
FuneralCake posted...
I would actually be surprised if it's not Grass/Fairy. It's almost like they designed it with gen 6 and the Fairy type in mind.

You know, I have this hunch that Fairy was actually drafted up in the middle of development of Gen V, but it was too late to add it at that point so they had to wait until Gen VI. The way you believe that they designed Lilligant with the Fairy type in mind, I think of Audino.

I'd say Whimsicott is more of an example of this, given its prankster nature.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W2 FC: 3783 7001 3142
#27bratzboyPosted 6/14/2013 1:27:41 PM
reaverz posted...
bratzboy posted...

I wouldn't worry about Bellossom not acquiring the Fairy type, since it's the only Pokemon that goes from being a dual-type Pokemon to becoming mono-type. A dual Fairy-typing would fix that oddity.

I hope you're right! Is it really the only one? :o
#28reaverzPosted 6/14/2013 1:36:21 PM
wind64a posted...
I'd say Whimsicott is more of an example of this, given its prankster nature.

Honestly, both Whimsicott and Lilligant were probably conceptualized as Grass/Fairy Pokemon but obviously would have had to start off as pure Grass for Gen V. They're both among the likeliest to acquire the Fairy type in XY.

bratzboy posted...
I hope you're right! Is it really the only one? :o

It is. No other Pokemon loses a type without replacing it with another during evolution. It was a blatant move by GameFreak to make one of their probable favorite lines lose their Psychic weakness in Gen II, much like giving Poliwhirl a second evolution that didn't gain a type that's weak to Psychic.
---
#29Strain42Posted 6/14/2013 1:43:22 PM
Emerald_Melios posted...
I'd prefer if they made a Fairy variant of Petal Dance.....

If they did that, I guarantee you Liligant would be on like every team ever...
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
#30Whats_Up4444Posted 6/14/2013 2:28:23 PM
Yes. A milling times yes.
---
Oh no! My gumballs! :o
http://tital.bigforumpro.com/ Join the Haven of all Kingdom Hearts Roleplays!