This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fairy types Parallel to Dark types in Gen 2

#1PinkPikachuPosted 6/12/2013 3:10:34 PM
Psychic types were prominent and powerful in gen 1 and were remedied in gen 2 with dark types.
Dragon types were prominent and powerful in gen 5 and are being remedied with fairy types.

Psychics however could be remedied with bug and ghost types.
Dragon via ice and themselves.

As obvious as this sounds, I felt like making a topic for no good reason.
---
PSN:SS_RMPKenpachi
#2Second_ChancesPosted 6/12/2013 3:12:54 PM
I'd tell you why something being one of the only good checks for itself is a terrible thing, but I can't be assed to type it out. Also, I feel Fighting deserves a nerf just as much as Dragon does.
#3MephilasPosted 6/12/2013 3:14:07 PM
Fighting deserves a big, big, BIG nerf.
---
GENERATION 22: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
#4jayman7Posted 6/12/2013 3:15:35 PM
Second_Chances posted...
I'd tell you why something being one of the only good checks for itself is a terrible thing, but I can't be assed to type it out. Also, I feel Fighting deserves a nerf just as much as Dragon does.

Fighting is said to be weak to Fairy. We don't know Fairy's ordinary resistances at all at present (it's not said to be immune to Fighting, but we do have a type that is already.)
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#5reaverzPosted 6/12/2013 3:16:55 PM(edited)
It's interesting that Steel is also resistant to both types that prompted the creation of a new type. It will be moreso if Fairy really is immune to Dragon.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#6KillerMechanoidPosted 6/12/2013 3:17:05 PM
reaverz posted...
It's interesting that Steel is also resistant to both types that prompted the creation of a new type.

And also those that desperately need a buff.
#7Hierarchy225Posted 6/12/2013 3:19:13 PM(edited)
Second_Chances posted...

Fairy is rumored to be strong against fighting, and poison types will probably be more prevalent. so you may get your wish.
---
The Official Noivern of the Pokemon X Board
"Wake me up before you Gogoat, 'cause I'm not planning on going Solosis"
#8VerdikaPosted 6/12/2013 3:21:25 PM
I believe one of the rumors was that Psychic is resistant to Fairy. If so, then Fighting types get a nerf by proxy as it will make one of their biggest weaknesses, Psychic, more viable and more used.
---
There's nothing that sucks worse that that moment in an argument when you realize that you are wrong.
#9ScirelPosted 6/13/2013 4:41:41 PM
Interesting ow psychic were god in gen 1 (literally no weakness or negative point), and now (g5) they are a hindrance to anyoneusing them. Dark and Steel are SUPER common dual types. Plus, most fighting types now have dark or steel as a subtype, and Bug actually got good in G5.

Fairy will be a much needed boost to psychics who got waaay over-nerfed if they do indeed resist dark and fighting as well.
---
Pokemon Black2 FC: 4342 0778 8528