This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How popular is Pokemon in Japan?

#1MissCarriagePosted 6/12/2013 2:48:34 PM
I know its popular, but compared to the older releases, has its fanbase dwindled or increased?

In the states Pokemon was extremely popular until Gen. 4, when its popularity dwindled a lot, so I'd like to know how its like in Japan and other countries.
---
Love me long time.
#2ShiningRegicePosted 6/12/2013 2:50:30 PM
Japan has a really strong following. It appeals to new generations over there, so the fanbase is growing I think...
---
W2 FC: 0261 8506 3044
PLEASE PLEASE like my FB page!!!!!!!!! https://www.facebook.com/regiceiscold
#3Sentinel07Posted 6/12/2013 2:56:29 PM
Let me put it this way; the anime is still ongoing despite it being crud for the past half-decade or so.

That's pretty much a sign of how strong it is in Japan.
#4jakovuPosted 6/12/2013 2:57:50 PM
Sentinel07 posted...
Let me put it this way; the anime is still ongoing despite it being crud since it began.

Fix'd
#5Sentinel07Posted 6/12/2013 2:58:57 PM
jakovu posted...
Sentinel07 posted...
Let me put it this way; the anime is still ongoing despite it being crud since it began.

Fix'd

I wouldn't go that far. It was fun during the Kanto and Johto sagas. But then it started rebooting itself over and over again and became crud.
#6IngSlayerPosted 6/12/2013 3:00:38 PM
Let me put it this way: the anime is still going, despite the lifespan of television shows based off of video games never lasting anymore than a few years.
---
Sedix: Baffling Artist
#7Rad_DudesmanPosted 6/12/2013 3:05:25 PM
Sentinel07 posted...
jakovu posted...
Sentinel07 posted...

Fix'd

I wouldn't go that far. It was fun during the Kanto and Johto sagas. But then it started rebooting itself over and over again and became crud.

No, it was never good, and it was at its best during Sinnoh
---
The official rad dude of the Pokemon X board.
#8TyranidomegaPosted 6/12/2013 3:05:44 PM
I wonder if the Japanese fandom has its own brand of Genwunners/every Gen after 3 sucks fans too.
---
Official hot fudge sundae of the IDF
Official Hydreigon of the Pokemon B/W 2 Boards.
#9Rose_MagePosted 6/12/2013 3:07:58 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_game_franchises

Very.
---
R ~ Official Beth of the SMTIV board, Official Caitlin of the PX board, Official Cherche of the FEA board, The_Sol_Blader's loving wife
http://fav.me/d5g7w6l
#10YourLuckPosted 6/12/2013 5:05:03 PM
Rad_Dudesman posted...
Sentinel07 posted...
jakovu posted...
Sentinel07 posted...

Fix'd

No, it was never good, and it was at its best during Sinnoh

Cool opinion, I myself stopped watching at Sinnoh when I just lost interest.
---
A familiar note is produced.
It's the note Desolation plays to keep its instrument in tune