This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Developers wanted balance. So DGN type got another weakness

#1Iiquid_marioPosted 6/12/2013 4:07:08 PM
"Q - Will there be a story reason why Fairy-type will all of a sudden exist?
A - When we first decided we wanted to bring the type into the world, we wanted to find a way to balance the strength of the Dragon type. But no one wants us to weaken the Dragon-type Pokemon, so we decided to come up with something that could go against a Dragon, so that's why we came up with the Fairy-type."

Was that necessary? I mean really? I'm not a big fan of Dragon-types (cept' Druddigon) but they already had 2 weaknesses. Normal types only have 1 weaknesses. So does Electric's. And most Dragons had that terrible 4x weaknesses to Ice. What's up with that?
---
"annnd that's how i trolled them"
#2reaverzPosted 6/12/2013 4:09:55 PM
Dragon has only one resistance in Steel, and pretty much all of them learn either a Ground or Fire move (or both) to deal with it. On the other hand, they were only hit super effectively by one type other than themselves.

In the competitive side of battling, Dragon-types have become overpowered in the last two generations due to this.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#3Emerald_MeliosPosted 6/12/2013 4:15:21 PM
Yes, it was absolutely necessary to humble dragons with cute fairies.
#4Echo_djinnPosted 6/12/2013 4:15:32 PM
I have yet to hear if fairy types are immune/resistant to dragon moves. If not than i still believe dragon types will still be pretty OP since most dragons are pretty fast/bulky enough to take a hit and keep on trucking.
---
Wasting your time is the best use of my time.
Completed Xcom: Enemy Unknown Impossible Difficulty. Like a Boss
#5jayman7Posted 6/12/2013 4:23:35 PM
Echo_djinn posted...
I have yet to hear if fairy types are immune/resistant to dragon moves. If not than i still believe dragon types will still be pretty OP since most dragons are pretty fast/bulky enough to take a hit and keep on trucking.

The leak that correctly predicted the names of several Pokémon, the existence of the Fairy type itself, Sky battles, and various other minor things said that Fairy types are immune to Dragon. It would be folly to write it off just because it's not officially stated.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#6emmjayy2332Posted 6/12/2013 4:27:11 PM
That creates perfect balance, now guys are gonna think twice about having a dragon because they could be easily countered.
---
You said you were about to make a fortune in silver?!
Ron Silver!
#7morpheus1138Posted 6/12/2013 4:35:08 PM
Very interesting. I've never been into competitive battling, but this shakes up the metagame quite a bit, yes?
---
--------------------------------------------------------------------
And what is good, Phaedrus, and what is not good - need we anyone to tell us these things?
#8XcZeus3469Posted 6/12/2013 4:35:25 PM
im annoyed we haven't gotten the 18th type earlier. granted I don't want a new type every gen but at 4 or 5 it would've been nice
---
"I read this as a Bannanable Offense. I was like, what ksing with Soraka?"-Kirby 1207
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/CommanderKJK-1173/hero/60977
#9SolidSnakeACPosted 6/12/2013 4:42:08 PM
Iiquid_mario posted...
"Q - Will there be a story reason why Fairy-type will all of a sudden exist?
A - When we first decided we wanted to bring the type into the world, we wanted to find a way to balance the strength of the Dragon type. But no one wants us to weaken the Dragon-type Pokemon, so we decided to come up with something that could go against a Dragon, so that's why we came up with the Fairy-type."

Was that necessary? I mean really? I'm not a big fan of Dragon-types (cept' Druddigon) but they already had 2 weaknesses. Normal types only have 1 weaknesses. So does Electric's. And most Dragons had that terrible 4x weaknesses to Ice. What's up with that?

Normal have 1, very commonly seen weakness, and 0 resistances, and they are resisted by quite a few things, while not hitting anything for Super effective damage.
---
Man, don't even worry. I'm working on a cure for death, so you'll be able to play MGS4 for sure.- Technics420
#10MaetchPosted 6/12/2013 4:44:22 PM
No problem, as Dragon-types will just use other, non-Dragon moves to crush the Fairy-types.

So far, out of the known already-existing Pokémon that are getting re-typed, only Gardevoir has the stats to take advantage of its new status as a dual-type. Marill and Jigglypuff don't.