This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The roundtable interview states Fairy is introduced because Dragon is OP...

#1ChemuraderiePosted 6/12/2013 4:15:48 PM
I'm fine with the Fairy type. It'll shake things up real serious in the metagame.

But... -_-

Isn't it *their* fault that most Dragon pokemon are "overpowered"? It ain't our fault that most Dragons in the game are legendaries and the rest are pseudo-legendaries. =_=

In Generation 1, wasn't there was only one Dragon-type move? Dragon Rage? Always did 40 damage? And the only dragons were Dratini, Dragonaire, and Dragonite, when grinding for levels was a huge pain in the butt (Elite 4 only), and you could only get Dratini as a prize through the Game Corner.

And they don't think that they are completely appealing Dragons to themselves because almost all Dragons are overpowered? They are the ones that make the game. >_>

Sorry for sounding like a rant. After listening to their roundtable interview, I felt that their reason for introducing Fairy is a bit shallow. Like they weren't thinking of the consequences of making Dragons some of the best Pokemon. Or something like they were totally okay with them being OP and then realized what was happening to the competitive atmosphere (but isn't that why we have tiers >_>).
---
PSN: Xzotic123
#2reaverzPosted 6/12/2013 4:20:50 PM
That's like asking why they introduced types to nerf Psychic in Gen II since it was GameFreak's fault that Psychic was so utterly dominating in Gen I...

The fact of the matter is that Dragon as a type became overpowered starting from Gen IV, when the physical/special split happened, Outrage became physical and 120 Power, and the 140 Power Draco Meteor was introduced. Obviously GameFreak did not forsee the ramifications of these actions, but it's good that they're taking steps to remedy the situation.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#3Chemuraderie(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2013 4:26:29 PM
Ooooh, yes... Draco Meteor and Outrage.

Giving Dragons STAB 120/140 base power moves before many, MANY other types don't have anything close. Good job, Game Freak.

Yes, I am happy that they are adding Fairy type to put a check on Dragon types, but still... this could've all been avoided if they had stopped personally loving and favoring the game towards Dragons in the first place. But I digress.
---
PSN: Xzotic123