This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

To clear up confusion about R/S remakes.

#11XazealPosted 6/12/2013 5:21:54 PM
javel34 posted...
lanelazerbeam posted...
Xazeal posted...
javel34 posted...
Skozi posted...
1. They have no reason NOT to make a remake of these games, since that is what they did with every gen before it.

2. Reasons it hasn't been released yet could be as follows:
a) They are currently in a difficult transition from 2d to 3d.
b) The new evolution for gen 3 pokemon that will come out in X&Y wouldn't be in, and that would be stupid.

3. Good reasons I thought of but can't remember.

Lets see....you can connect R/S to the 3DS if you want and have the means

You couldn't do that with R/B G/S so that's why we got those.

R/S were awful so there's that.

Let's see.... money.

So there's that.

This also.

Oh yea with everything that has happened the last day and a half I forgot GF probably cares more about money than fans lol My mistake

All companies care the most about money. Otherwise they wouldn't make stuff at all.

If Gamefreak don't make R/S remakes, from a pure money-making perspective, they're idiots.
#12beebarbPosted 6/12/2013 5:22:05 PM
Actually, they have perfectly valid reasons not to do R/S remakes.

1) Plenty of people still have a working original model DS or DS Lite, meaning R/S/E are still transfer compatible up to the current generation for most players.

2) R/S/E weren't overly popular, with the exception of a vocal part of the fanbase, the rest either hated the amount of map area wasted on water, or hated not being able to transfer from Gold/Silver/Crystal.

3) Practically all of the Hoenn Pokemon can be obtained in the 4th and 5th generation games combined.

Plus, GameFreak will eventually figure out how to allow for transfer from the 5th to 6th generation games, though I'm amazed they haven't already as it's so simple to me: Transfer using an independent 3DS eShop Application.
---
We shall rise again to start anew.
White FC: 0862-2660-4156 / 3DS FC: 2492-4470-1418 / White 2 FC: 4556-7836-2644
#13jnetheryPosted 6/12/2013 5:32:08 PM
I don't think the problem they are working on has to do with transferring between 5th and 6th gen software, but between DS and 3DS hardware. You can use a 3DS with 4th and 5th gen just fine right now (with all the comm features intact). In other words, worst case is you will need to use 2 3DS's to do the transferring instead of a DS model and a 3DS.
---
1: If you think your opinion is fact, then I will ignore you.
2: If you butcher the English language or abuse Netspeak, see #1.
#14XazealPosted 6/12/2013 5:32:37 PM
beebarb posted...
Actually, they have perfectly valid reasons not to do R/S remakes.

1) Plenty of people still have a working original model DS or DS Lite, meaning R/S/E are still transfer compatible up to the current generation for most players.

2) R/S/E weren't overly popular, with the exception of a vocal part of the fanbase, the rest either hated the amount of map area wasted on water, or hated not being able to transfer from Gold/Silver/Crystal.

3) Practically all of the Hoenn Pokemon can be obtained in the 4th and 5th generation games combined.

Plus, GameFreak will eventually figure out how to allow for transfer from the 5th to 6th generation games, though I'm amazed they haven't already as it's so simple to me: Transfer using an independent 3DS eShop Application.

Money is still their main incentive. It takes a lot less effort and resources to remake content they already have than to make an entirely new game since the design process is much shorter and they already have XY's engine to build it on.

And just like with G/S, people have been wanting R/S remakes for quite some time. It would sell.
#15MetaCyclonePosted 6/12/2013 5:35:00 PM
Or it's the fact that gamefreak MAY not do backwards capability.

Lets see here...

They basically killed and resurrect the GTS into a more better, unique system, in which unables access to the GTS; meaning, destroys purpose of trading hacked ditto's.

3DS is unhackable still, and it's been out for at least a year; maybe 2.

So.... All they need to do is no backwards capability.., and bam. New pokemon generation with first time non hack pokes.

That's all they need to do
---
Looking forward on ditching pokemon B & W for X & Y.
#16R0cks0l1ddPosted 6/12/2013 5:42:11 PM(edited)
MetaCyclone posted...
Or it's the fact that gamefreak MAY not do backwards capability.

Lets see here...

They basically killed and resurrect the GTS into a more better, unique system, in which unables access to the GTS; meaning, destroys purpose of trading hacked ditto's.

3DS is unhackable still, and it's been out for at least a year; maybe 2.

So.... All they need to do is no backwards capability.., and bam. New pokemon generation with first time non hack pokes.

That's all they need to do

First it's obvious that they're going to add backwards compatibility unless they can't get it to work which is unlikely since Dragon Quest can do it. If they weren't they would have outright denied during the roundtable like they did with the one save file question.

Also, if you think the 3DS will remain unhackable forever, you're delusional. Pokemon will only encourage it more and they apparently have taken the first steps to achieving it so that's a stupid reason for no backwards compatibility.

But yeah, Game Freak will eventually make remakes, it's what a lot of people want (I don't care either way) and it's easy money.
---
Official everything of every board.
#17KillerMechanoidPosted 6/14/2013 6:23:47 PM
I think I found another reason:

GF wanted to introduce Fairy typing first. All three Fairy-retconned mons so far are obtainable in Hoenn (If there weren't any mons in Hoenn that would be retconned this way, then they might have made it earlier).
#18acerola-orionPosted 6/14/2013 6:28:08 PM
They probably just put off remaking Gen III because there were already too many Pokemon games on the DS. There's typically one set of remakes per Nintendo handheld console, so it would make sense for them to make the games for 3DS rather than DS.
#19jimrichardsPosted 6/14/2013 6:45:26 PM
lanelazerbeam posted...
1 save file.

You do realise that would mean parents would have a reason not to buy multiple carts for multiple kids, right? Would you wish that upon an entire generation of children? Would you force them to share a cart, and be unable to play/trade with each other?

You're a monster.
---
I would prefer to be known as BlackWaltzTheThird, or just Waltz for short.
Got Animal Crossing? Join today! http://www.esoevil.com/forums/index.php
#20MagikarpRulesPosted 6/14/2013 7:24:32 PM
I like how people think that because they didn't like the Hoenn games they won't be done. Mind you, even if it gets a lot of crap from haters, Gen 3 still sold pretty well. If the availability of Pokemon were a factor, we really wouldn't have gotten HG/SS.