This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

No VC plan for Pokemon, odd move?

#1RollerBobPosted 6/12/2013 7:00:53 PM
It may not work for Wii U, but boy, it would work wonders on the 3DS as an eShop title. Think about it: you get Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow/Gold/Silver/Crystal/Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald as a 3DS eShop title... with the added feature to transfer the Pokémons from these games into your Pokémon X/Y game.

Sounds like a no-brainer to me.
---
Yes, I'm Canadian. Yes, I speak french. Yes, I live in Quebec.
#2zxzxiPosted 6/12/2013 7:02:59 PM
Given how the DV/EV mechanics work for the first 2 generations compared to the IV/EV mechanics in generation 3 and onward, it would be problematic to transfer in pokemon from the first 2 generations into X and Y if they are keeping the same mechanics as gen 3 onward.
---
My alternate username is: BrownYoshi
#3SomeLikeItHothPosted 6/12/2013 7:03:29 PM
I'd rather them focus on DLC for X/Y by adding in the old regions + gym battles.
---
Number of users that like it hoth: 284
Number of users that don't like it hoth: 109
#4ThatGuyZPosted 6/12/2013 7:06:52 PM
SomeLikeItHoth posted...
I'd rather them focus on DLC for X/Y by adding in the old regions + gym battles.

Or..you know, just do what the PWT did in B/W2 and put it in the game so we DON'T have to ****ing pay for it...

Just saying...
---
At this point, only one word signifies me:..yes.
3DS: 5370-0900-3336/Wii-U: NewZen41
#5Mewtwo_soulPosted 6/12/2013 7:13:44 PM
zxzxi posted...
Given how the DV/EV mechanics work for the first 2 generations compared to the IV/EV mechanics in generation 3 and onward, it would be problematic to transfer in pokemon from the first 2 generations into X and Y if they are keeping the same mechanics as gen 3 onward.

This.

TC: They won't put the effort into changing the coding on the original game to make them transferable. That's a pipe dream people are going to have to stop coming up with. Could it be VC, yes, and I believe it should. However, even if it was on there, they won't be transferable.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#6FuneralCakePosted 6/12/2013 7:15:28 PM
zxzxi posted...

Not really. A conversion method could very, very easily be applied.
---
THAT'S MISS HOME ROWED TO YOU
http://i.imgur.com/a95OQPq.gif
#7RollerBob(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2013 7:23:04 PM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
TC: They won't put the effort into changing the coding on the original game to make them transferable. That's a pipe dream people are going to have to stop coming up with. Could it be VC, yes, and I believe it should. However, even if it was on there, they won't be transferable.

At one point, it's gonna be a chore to transfer your Pokémon from one game to the other. The GBA games must be transfered with a DS, then from a DS to the 3DS version, for instance.

They can't remake the old games over and over so they can be compatible with the new games. At least with eShop titles, that can be used to obtain and transfer Pokémon from older games to newer ones easier.
---
Yes, I'm Canadian. Yes, I speak french. Yes, I live in Quebec.
#8Mewtwo_soulPosted 6/12/2013 7:25:39 PM
RollerBob posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...

At one point, it's gonna be a chore to transfer your Pokémon from one game to the other. The GBA games must be transfered with a DS, then from a DS to the 3DS version, for instance.

They can't remake the old games over and over so they can be compatible with the new games. At least with eShop titles, that can be used to obtain and transfer Pokémon from older games to newer ones easier.

They would still have to fix many problems with the games that prevent the transfer in the first place.

Why would Nintendo do that when they can just release the game for those who like a sense of nostalgia or classical goodness, when they can just release the next game and people will buy it either way?

I think it stands to reason what I just said.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.