This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon you hope will get the Fairy typing

#31mehmetskiPosted 6/13/2013 12:32:51 PM
the lake trio is more obvious than mew etc. look at the names:
uXIE (pixie) azELF (elf) mESPRIT (esprit, fr. for sprite/ghost/mind)
also the german names: sELFE (elfe, german for elf) toBUTZ (butz, kind of like a gnome or imp) and vESPRIT (same as mesprit)
#32Lucis_FerrePosted 6/13/2013 12:38:14 PM
I mostly agree with any suggestions that give otherwise generic Pokemon a chance to stand out.

So the Lumineon suggestion gets a big vote from me, Mawile too, and the Lake Trio.

Though as a note, their Japanese names are slightly clearer on the theme, where Mesprit is Merit, 'rit' coming from ifrit, a form of djinn.
---
'Success rates are but scientific theory. A brave heart will defy any odds!'
'Don't beg for things, do it yourself or else you won't get anything.'
#33Izanagi09Posted 6/13/2013 12:44:07 PM
Pikachu line electric/fairy lol.
---
Persona!!!
#34snuffles504Posted 6/13/2013 12:45:23 PM
Cleffa - Fairy
Clefairy - Fairy
Clefable - Fairy
Snubbull - Normal/Fairy
Granbull - Normal/Fairy
Mismagius - Ghost/Fairy
Jirachi - Steel/Fairy
Celebi - Fairy/Grass
Azurill - Fairy
Cresselia - Fairy
Ledian - Bug/Fairy or even Fairy/Flying
Bellossom - Grass/Fairy
Mawile - Steel/Fairy
Luvdisc - Water/Fairy
Togekiss- Fairy/Flying
Whimsicott - Grass/Fairy
Lilligant - Grass/Fairy
Absol - Dark/Fairy
Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf - Fairy
Lumineon - Water/Fairy

Miltotic would be nifty with a secondary Fairy type, and would be interesting because of it's dragonic nature.

Altaria would be cool as Dragon/Fairy, but there goes either its Ground immunity or Cloud Nine. Fairy/Flying would make sense, but it's such a unique dragon that I would hate to see it lose the Dragon-type.

Also, has there been any confirmation on how Jigglypuff and Gardevoir are getting the Fairy type? Are they dual-types now or does Fairy replace their previous type?
---
Official Rinzler of the Kingdom Hearts III Board
R - Hyuck hyuck hyuck!
#35ShariadarowPosted 6/13/2013 12:47:27 PM
They are dual types now, Jigglypuff is Normal/Fairy, Gardevoir is Psychic/Fairy, and Marill is Water/Fairy. We can still probably expect some pokemon like Clefairy, and possibly Togepi, to actually lose their Normal type in favour of Fairy though.
#36mehmetskiPosted 6/13/2013 1:15:00 PM
Lucis_Ferre posted...
I mostly agree with any suggestions that give otherwise generic Pokemon a chance to stand out.

So the Lumineon suggestion gets a big vote from me, Mawile too, and the Lake Trio.

Though as a note, their Japanese names are slightly clearer on the theme, where Mesprit is Merit, 'rit' coming from ifrit, a form of djinn.

you think "rit" from "ifrit" is clearer than "esprit"`?
#37The_Undying_84Posted 6/13/2013 1:52:58 PM
None.
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#38gamermasterwizPosted 6/13/2013 2:35:22 PM
When I first saw Sylveon I thought it looked like Eevee merged with Milotic, Gorebyss or Luvdisc.
So yeah those three I just mentioned should be part Fairy.
---
Gen IV FC: 2536-3829-5092
Gen V FC: 0819-4243-0361 PSN: blueink8