This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Game Freak should fix some type strengths and weaknesses

#11GallantChaddymnPosted 6/13/2013 7:38:10 AM
emmjayy2332 posted...
A real pokemaster would have touched ZERO

WHAT ARE YOU FIGHTING FFFFOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRrrrrrrr!!!!!!........
---
I support Agumon for SSB4
- http://fav.me/d5sor14
#12LinkHeroOfTime3Posted 6/13/2013 7:44:24 AM
I think Grass should be strong against Fairy types. It has too many weaknesses and not enough strengths. Fairy creatures often live in Forest environments so things that can control it's said environment should be strong against it. That may be counter-intuitive reasoning as bugs are strong against grass and it's a similar analogy, but my desire for the type matchup remains unchanged. If Grass were strong against the type now immune to Dragon like Poison will be, it would give them and many Grass/Poison types who are low on the ladder a nice boost into the meta.
#13D_BartPosted 6/13/2013 9:07:24 AM
LinkHeroOfTime3 posted...
I think Grass should be strong against Fairy types. It has too many weaknesses and not enough strengths. Fairy creatures often live in Forest environments so things that can control it's said environment should be strong against it. That may be counter-intuitive reasoning as bugs are strong against grass and it's a similar analogy

Fairies are naturally weak to certain herbs or plants (Rowan trees) so a grass weakness would already have a decent explanation.

But yeah, give Fairy a Grass weakness. Have Ice and (possibly) Bug resist it.

The only change I'd make to the existing type chart would be to balance-out Steel somewhat. Maybe remove its Ice type advantage.
---
Splash
#14paiprPosted 6/13/2013 9:15:31 AM
Agree with water getting that poison weakness. Bug can get anpoison weakness too.

Not sure about grass super effective to fairy, but fairt being not very effective or not hitting grass types at all works. Gives grass type (known its many weaknesses) a nice resist/immunity. And fairies are classically known to be nature protectors sobthere attacks hitting x1/2 or even not damaging grass types at all makes a bit of sense.
---
am i the only person that wishes game faqs offered the option to cut peoples comments from your topics?
#15Issa_5Posted 6/13/2013 9:24:33 AM
Just out of interest, wouldn't this basically get Extreme Killer Arceus banned from even ubers? Immunity to another type and his one weakness being removed seems like it might be a problem.
#16AceJay1230Posted 6/13/2013 9:30:07 AM
RTC3 posted...
i've never touched half of those mons in my life

So you be touching Jynx's? Damn B!
---
http://pokesho.com/img_4/4_xy02.png
Just call me Jay.
#17emmjayy2332Posted 6/13/2013 9:32:07 AM
Arceus should be removed from the game completely.

They should just say, hey guys we screwed up sorry. Pretend it never happened.
---
You said you were about to make a fortune in silver?!
Ron Silver!
#18jayman7Posted 6/13/2013 9:46:20 AM
radred2004 posted...
Normal would inherently remain even more normal than it was before, without a true strength or weakness.

Yeah, except for that part where it's strong to the point of immunity against Ghost and Fairy. *dope slap*
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#19radred2004(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2013 4:03:54 PM
jayman7 posted...
radred2004 posted...
Normal would inherently remain even more normal than it was before, without a true strength or weakness.

Yeah, except for that part where it's strong to the point of immunity against Ghost and Fairy. *dope slap*

Then just have ghost immunity and no strengths and weaknesses. I'd be fine with that. Don't forget normal attacks are weak to rock and steel.
---
White: Daisy 1550 0892 3564 Gold: Gold 3268 1023 8138