This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think Dragon is all Fairy will be super effective against?

#1scrappybristolPosted 6/13/2013 8:04:56 AM(edited)
I hope so, everything else should be hit neutrally by it except Steel, Fire, and maybe Grass who should resist it.

If the rumors Fairy being SE against Dark and Fighting are true as well it will easily be OP, even more so than Dragon ever was.
---
This sig is significant
#2BlueGaryOakPosted 6/13/2013 8:06:00 AM
Steel-types.

Except Azumarill will be fine.

And possibly the May "leaked" Steel/Fairy legendary.
---
Darkdragongirl's alt.
#3Strain42Posted 6/13/2013 8:08:04 AM
If memory serves, this is what the rumors are

Super Effective to Dragon (confirmed) Dark, and Fighting

Immune to Dragon

Resists Ice (and probably more, I forget)

Weak to Steel and Poison

Resisted by Fire and Psychic

Honestly, with a setup like that, I imagine most Fairies won't have very high stats. I mean c'mon, making them weak to the two weakest and hardly used types, having hardly any types resist them, full immunity to Dragon with quite a few other advantages in their attacks.

If Fairies don't end up being kinda weak, they're quickly gonna be overpowering, and then we'll have to wait until Gen 8 for GameFreak to release a new type to balance the Fairy out.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
#4P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 6/13/2013 8:08:15 AM
"Fairy will be a new type. It is super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting."

That's what I believe.
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
#5AysanderPosted 6/13/2013 8:10:57 AM
Fairy is only confirmed strong against dragon, weak against poison (Poison weakness was pretty much confirmed in Smash unless Sylveon gets some ability that absorbs X type move, but takes 2x from poison, which is doubtful).

And no, PokeBeach's leak is not an 100% confirmation, nor is it a 0% confirmation. Absolutes do not exist when it comes to a series that once believed Mew lived under a truck >.>
#6Faust_8Posted 6/13/2013 8:27:56 AM
Strain42 posted...
If memory serves, this is what the rumors are

Super Effective to Dragon (confirmed) Dark, and Fighting

Immune to Dragon

Resists Ice (and probably more, I forget)

Weak to Steel and Poison

Resisted by Fire and Psychic

That's not part of the rumor. In fact we were never given information on what Fairy resists.

If anything Ice should resist Fairy since Ice is already the worst type at taking hits.

But we should assume everything is true because not only does it make sense balance-wise, but because this leak has been right about everything before.
---
Faust_8: Would you own slaves if you could?
OW: If I lived on a farm or something, sure. But I have no need of slaves right now.