This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I still don't get this game

#41FatSaladPosted 6/13/2013 1:23:21 PM
Why do people enjoy Madden, NBA2K, MLB game even though its the same game over and over again?
Pretty much the same reason.
---
Main: Superman, Subs: Black Adam, Grundy
"Let it be a banana let it be a banana let it be a banana let it be a banana aaaand it's dog crap"-My aunt
#42HemerukioPosted 6/13/2013 1:25:41 PM
Guys, guys.

He's trolling.

Let him enjoy his meal. Shhh.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6nh9mNfm11rnkfgmo1_500.jpg
Gen 5 FemAce is mai waifu.
#43bigboi_yeahPosted 6/13/2013 1:43:31 PM
Hemerukio posted...
Guys, guys.

He's trolling.

Let him enjoy his meal. Shhh.

He sure could be.:) Is that AceTrainer in ur sig, my mann?
---
Creepy Black FC 0218 0502 4360
#44Noctus3Posted 6/13/2013 1:52:41 PM
Hughs_Rage posted...
If it's not broken, don't fix it.

You sound like someone who hates FFXV
---
**** you SE for trolling us with that TWEWY port. I hate you.
#45pokemonfreak97Posted 6/13/2013 2:14:21 PM
ucdplaya posted...
To me it seems like the battle system has not changed since the days of Pokemon Red and Blue from the original Gameboy(~15 years now?). Other than the joy of collecting monsters and updated animations, can someone please explain why people go nuts over every iteration that gets released?

The battle system has changed, though mainly in the underlying mechanics.

Gen I (RBY) had 5 stats: HP, Attack, Defense, Special, and Speed. There were 15 types and moves were physical (relying on user's Attack and target's) or special (relying on user's and target's Special) based on their type.

Things that have been added/changed since then (besides more Pokemon, moves, etc.):

Gen II: Special split into Sp. Attack (used when using a special attack) and Sp. Defense (used when hit by a special attack), Pokemon gained the ability to hold items, two types added, addition of Sunny weather (boosts Fire-type moves' power, lowers Water-type moves' power for 2-5 turns), Rainy weather (boosts Water-type moves' power, lowers Fire-type moves' power for 2-5 turns), Sandstorm weather (deals damage to all Pokemon not Rock-, Ground-, or Steel-type, boosts Sp. Def. of immune Pokemon)

More items were added in all future generations.

Gen III: Revamp of EVs and IVs (underlying concepts that affect stats), addition of Natures (bonus to one stat, reduction to another), addition of Abilities (passive abilities that affect battles). Addition of Hail weather (deals damage to all Pokemon not Ice-type).

More abilities were added in all future generations

Gen IV: Moves are now physical or special based on the move itself and not the type. What seems like a minor change is enormous; now you can't take ANY Fire-type move just because you have good Sp. Def., etc.

Gen V: Not as much... Just tweaking stuff and adding interesting abilities, moves, etc.

Gen VI: One more type, possibly more stuff.
---
nuskooI posted...
You nooblet mainstreamers and your reverse nostalgia.
#46YourLuckPosted 6/13/2013 2:37:40 PM
Noctus3 posted...
Hughs_Rage posted...
If it's not broken, don't fix it.

You sound like someone who hates FFXV

Final Fantasy has always been shifting towards the action-rpg genre, especially since IV because of the shift to the ATB system.
---
A familiar note is produced.
It's the note Desolation plays to keep its instrument in tune