This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is everyone so worried about Fairy Type?

#11Xion350(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2013 12:12:10 PM
RDS1 posted...
They're just butthurt because they're not sure that Dragon can still be the uncontested most OP type.

You can quote me on this... Unless there's a new Pokemon made for it, Fairy type won't see much use to counter dragons. Most dragons are already x4 weak to Ice anyway.
---
Remember remember... the 30th of November. The day that heroes could not save the world. ~In remembrance of City of Heroes.
#12nro87Posted 6/13/2013 12:17:34 PM
Xion350 posted...
RDS1 posted...
They're just butthurt because they're not sure that Dragon can still be the uncontested most OP type.

You can quote me on this... Unless there's a new Pokemon made for it, Fairy type won't see much use to counter dragons. Most dragons are already x4 weak to Ice anyway.

Unless the rumor of Fairy being immune to Dragon comes true.
---
"Power of mind is infinite, while brawn is limited." Koichi Tohei
Official Chespin of the Pokemon X board.
#13pikachupwnagePosted 6/13/2013 12:18:56 PM
If there is a fast Ice/Fairy....R.I.P the dragon type.
---
http://samgreenmedia.com/pikacrunk.gif http://tinyurl.com/clkxher
I don't post often but when I do.....I triple post. Stay posty my friends -Lord Frood
#14MaetchPosted 6/13/2013 12:24:35 PM
RDS1 posted...

It's no contest. Dragon-types will have to be a little more mindful of what they fight, but they still have the superior stats and movesets to handle almost anything, even Fairy-types.
#15The_Undying_84Posted 6/13/2013 12:27:22 PM
Pretty safe bet that Sylveon will have a BST of 525, since every other Eeveelution does. And all broken into 65, 65, 60, 110, 130, and 95, too.
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#16DarkKirby2500Posted 6/13/2013 12:34:08 PM(edited)
Tatakai-No-Kami posted...
gardevoir already just shot up in playability. it always had the stats, the moves and the ability. it was just lacking an actual reason to be used.

Gardevoir isn't used because it's base stats and typing are poor and its movepool isn't enough to make up for it.

In the metagame dominated by physical attackers that are bulky, fast, or both, Gardevoir has below average speed, no health or physical defense, and no ability to boost its own stats (in a meaningful manner).
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#17Hylios878Posted 6/13/2013 8:20:24 PM
Well at least it's not double-effective to my garchomp.
---
I will ELECTRIFY YOU!!!
#18RDS1Posted 6/13/2013 8:25:38 PM
Xion350 posted...
RDS1 posted...

Well, you can tell them that, but I don't know if they'll listen. They seem irrationally insecure, after all.
---
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)
#19Hierarchy225Posted 6/13/2013 8:29:22 PM
pokemonzero posted...
RDS1 posted...

Fairy still won't hurt Dragonite. It's Ice weakness is worse than fairy
I'll keep my Dragonite on my team.

Yeah I wouldn't be so sure about that, atleast until you the other Fairy types(like Sylveons)BST, movesets, and abilities.
---
The Official Noivern of the Pokemon X Board
"Wake me up before you Gogoat, 'cause I'm not planning on going Solosis"
#20Strain42Posted 6/13/2013 8:32:12 PM
nro87 posted...
Xion350 posted...
RDS1 posted...

Unless the rumor of Fairy being immune to Dragon comes true.

Even if that is true, it doesn't necessarily mean the Death of Dragons. Most Dragons are still incredibly powerful and could do a lot of damage to them with a non-STAB attack, and also most Dragons are dual typed, and could still prove lethal to Fairies with their other type. Also, and I'm just assuming here, I don't imagine that the majority of Fairy types will be known for their stellar defensive powers.

Also the current rumors for Fairy are that it is weak to Poison and Steel, and resisted by Psychic and Fire. With the exception of Poison, we already have a Dragon type of all of those elements, and we don't know what Gen 6 will bring.

I don't even play Metagame, I just find it weird when I see people going all like "Watch out, Fairy can do 2x damage to Pokemon that already commonly face 4x damage and still seem to dominate!"

Yeah, I think the Dragon immunity will be a speed bump, but I don't think it'll instantly make Dragon be pushed off the throne.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)