This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is everyone so worried about Fairy Type?

#21KuhnertPosted 6/13/2013 7:36:28 PM
I'm just waiting for Milotic to be confirmed as a Water/Fairy type.
#22KuhnertPosted 6/13/2013 7:39:23 PM
Strain42 posted...
nro87 posted...
Xion350 posted...
RDS1 posted...
They're just butthurt because they're not sure that Dragon can still be the uncontested most OP type.

You can quote me on this... Unless there's a new Pokemon made for it, Fairy type won't see much use to counter dragons. Most dragons are already x4 weak to Ice anyway.

Unless the rumor of Fairy being immune to Dragon comes true.

Even if that is true, it doesn't necessarily mean the Death of Dragons. Most Dragons are still incredibly powerful and could do a lot of damage to them with a non-STAB attack, and also most Dragons are dual typed, and could still prove lethal to Fairies with their other type. Also, and I'm just assuming here, I don't imagine that the majority of Fairy types will be known for their stellar defensive powers.

Also the current rumors for Fairy are that it is weak to Poison and Steel, and resisted by Psychic and Fire. With the exception of Poison, we already have a Dragon type of all of those elements, and we don't know what Gen 6 will bring.

I don't even play Metagame, I just find it weird when I see people going all like "Watch out, Fairy can do 2x damage to Pokemon that already commonly face 4x damage and still seem to dominate!"

Yeah, I think the Dragon immunity will be a speed bump, but I don't think it'll instantly make Dragon be pushed off the throne.

It basically removes viability as any dragon to run a specs/scarf/banded set while there is any fairy type on the field. At least before, a banded outrage will do massive damage to most steel types, but if a fairy switches in it's just set up fodder due to the two wasted turns (one to miss the outrage at least, and another turn to switch).
#23elconoMPosted 6/13/2013 7:49:22 PM
I'm only worried with regards to Arceus
- Fairy Plate yes or no
- what is written on the Fairy Plate

Also got some stress from Clefairy love.
---
unova @1808.0126.2402 -- gt@ SulfurousGalaxy -- now playing- borderlands1n2 fable2n3 castlecrashers terraria minecraft360 pkmnGen3-5 indiemon
#24abcDSBTPosted 6/13/2013 8:07:34 PM
So because the Fairy types we know of have low base-stats, you assume ALL Fairy-types will be weak? I love that assumption. I'm a sucker for dragons, but they can't go around all "RAWR! OUTRAGE! RAAAGHHH! DRACO METEOR!!!" all the time anymore.
---
Oddworld, Graffiti Kingdom, Supah Nario Bros, and Simtunes FTW!
That light at the end of the tunnel might be a train.
#25tsunamisurfer08Posted 6/13/2013 8:51:32 PM
abcDSBT posted...
So because the Fairy types we know of have low base-stats, you assume ALL Fairy-types will be weak? I love that assumption. I'm a sucker for dragons, but they can't go around all "RAWR! OUTRAGE! RAAAGHHH! DRACO METEOR!!!" all the time anymore.

Yes, they'll actually have to think now. The horror.
---
However history remembers me, it shall only remember a fraction of the truth.