This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What if...a horde of dark types all used Beat Up on your Pokemon?

#1Noctus3Posted 6/13/2013 11:41:39 AM
I'm getting so pumped for horde battles. Please make this happen. Talk about a tough battle. Of course a fighting type would wreck, but you still would get a beat down if not faint your fighting type.
---
**** you SE for trolling us with that TWEWY port. I hate you.
#2Mudkip_in_SpacePosted 6/13/2013 11:42:37 AM
Who learns Beat Up anyway?
---
I'm in Throwback Mode. :/
#3Noctus3(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2013 11:43:30 AM
Mudkip_in_Space posted...

Who knows.
---
#4Lucis_FerrePosted 6/13/2013 11:44:42 AM
TERRAKION JUSTIFY RAISED IT'S ATTACK x 6 (can't go higher x 19). TERRAKION USED ROCK SLIDE

I seriousness, that would be...eh. Seems too cheap to me. There's no real way around it besides using a Steel/Dark/Fighting Pokemon to tank it and pray, or outspeed them and wipe them/try to trim numbers fast, which is kind of annoying in-game, especially from a random encounter.
---
'Success rates are but scientific theory. A brave heart will defy any odds!'
'Don't beg for things, do it yourself or else you won't get anything.'
#5PinxedPosted 6/13/2013 11:44:53 AM
Noctus3 posted...
Mudkip_in_Space posted...

Who knows.

Sneasel
---
Amazing Pikmin 3 CYOA
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633263-pikmin-3/65324351
#6GATTJTPosted 6/13/2013 11:45:16 AM
Houndour learns Beat Up. Imagine all 5 using it. That's 25 STAB hits on your 'mon.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_xjBAd5G84
#7Noctus3(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2013 11:45:46 AM
Lucis_Ferre posted...
TERRAKION JUSTIFY RAISED IT'S ATTACK x 6 (can't go higher x 19). TERRAKION USED ROCK SLIDE

I seriousness, that would be...eh. Seems too cheap to me. There's no real way around it besides using a Steel/Dark/Fighting Pokemon to tank it and pray, or outspeed them and wipe them/try to trim numbers fast, which is kind of annoying in-game, especially from a random encounter.

Yea it would be cheap, but zubats in caves are pretty cheap also haha. I just hope itwoudlntnhappen every 5 seconds.
---
#8JustinTheJaggedPosted 6/13/2013 11:46:20 AM
I just want to earthquake an entire horde of pokemon. So knowing my luck I'll only ever get ganged up on by flying and levitating ones.
---
Gamer for life, 31 years and counting.
A life without video games is not a life worth living.
#9Lucis_FerrePosted 6/13/2013 11:49:39 AM
Noctus3 posted...
Lucis_Ferre posted...

Yea it would be cheap, but zubats in caves are pretty cheap also haha. I just hope itwoudlntnhappen every 5 seconds.

There's cheap 'annoying' and then there's cheap 'guaranteed KO if you aren't using specific mons/fast enough'

This is more Geodude/Graveller using Selfdestruct/Explosion in gen 1 through 4 than Zubat tier '**** THIS'. Gen 5 didn't have very much of that at all, in my experience and to my eternal relief, and I'd rather not anything similar come back.
---
'Success rates are but scientific theory. A brave heart will defy any odds!'
'Don't beg for things, do it yourself or else you won't get anything.'
#10Noctus3(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2013 11:55:35 AM
Lucis_Ferre posted...
Noctus3 posted...
Lucis_Ferre posted...

There's cheap 'annoying' and then there's cheap 'guaranteed KO if you aren't using specific mons/fast enough'

This is more Geodude/Graveller using Selfdestruct/Explosion in gen 1 through 4 than Zubat tier '**** THIS'. Gen 5 didn't have very much of that at all, in my experience and to my eternal relief, and I'd rather not anything similar come back.

You're right.but those tears to feed on. It would be a little unnecessary.
---