This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How is GF going to explain how Fairy type just suddenly came into existence?

#1HeyWheresKelPosted 6/13/2013 3:56:08 PM(edited)
It was more understandable when Dark and Steel were introduced in Gen 2, because as far as we know, the world of Pokemon was still being discovered and fleshed out by humans. But now? Chronologically speaking, it's been a while. It would be weird if the whole Pokemon world just didn't notice the existence of a new type until now. Or will this be something that the Kalos region knew all along? Or maybe the existence of a new type is an issue that leading scientists have argued about for a long time, and finally reached an agreement on?
---
"I see the way you look at him. I'm a man too, ya know? I go pee pee standing up!"
http://i.imgur.com/DtiOyo0.png
#2Hierarchy225Posted 6/13/2013 3:56:55 PM(edited)
Just like they explained how Steel, and Dark suddenly came into existence, and why Magnemite/Magneton in Gen 1 wasn't resistant to Normal, Ghost, Grass, Bug, Psychic, etc.
---
The Official Noivern of the Pokemon X Board
"Wake me up before you Gogoat, 'cause I'm not planning on going Solosis"
#3P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 6/13/2013 3:57:01 PM
I don't expect them to explain anything.
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
#4Noctus3Posted 6/13/2013 3:57:34 PM
Does it really matter? Some of you over complicate things. This is a game at the end of the day.
---
**** you SE for trolling us with that TWEWY port. I hate you.
#5Hierarchy225Posted 6/13/2013 3:58:14 PM
"Everything was just a hallucination up until now".
---
The Official Noivern of the Pokemon X Board
"Wake me up before you Gogoat, 'cause I'm not planning on going Solosis"
#6Strain42Posted 6/13/2013 3:58:19 PM
At most they might just do what they did with Steel and point out that the type was only recently discovered (though I actually think that was retconned in HGSS what with having Steel in FRLG and the fact that RSE took place at the same time and had steel types)

At the least they might do...well...nothing.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
#7ZTIger5Posted 6/13/2013 3:59:59 PM
Maybe it's something that's only very common in the Kalos region, so there weren't enough pokemon in previous regions to really notice and classify Fairy as a whole new type. Like in the transition between 1 and 2, the only Gen 1 Pokemon to get Steel or Dark pinned to it was Magnemite and Magneton. Even that is a bit of a stretch, but it's the best I've got.
---
Playing) Fire Emblem: Awakening, Guild Wars 2
Waiting) Pokemon XY
#8ThatOneButchPosted 6/13/2013 4:01:15 PM
The same way they explain the over 100 pokemon that come into existence that no one knew about every gen
#9RDS1Posted 6/13/2013 4:01:42 PM
Fairies are good at hiding.
---
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)
#10HeyWheresKel(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2013 4:02:37 PM
ZTIger5 posted...
Maybe it's something that's only very common in the Kalos region, so there weren't enough pokemon in previous regions to really notice and classify Fairy as a whole new type. Like in the transition between 1 and 2, the only Gen 1 Pokemon to get Steel or Dark pinned to it was Magnemite and Magneton. Even that is a bit of a stretch, but it's the best I've got.

That actually makes the most sense. Professors outside the Kalos region felt something was up with Marill and Jigglypuff but they didn't have enough information to draw any conclusions.
---
"I see the way you look at him. I'm a man too, ya know? I go pee pee standing up!"
http://i.imgur.com/DtiOyo0.png