This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can people stop assuming Celebi is gonna be fairy type?

#1Numbuh100Posted 6/13/2013 4:18:27 PM
It's already duo type and GF will be d-bags to freaking pull a switheroo from Psychic to Fairy.
---
Waiting for: Pokemon X and Y, Project X Zone
BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD!
#2Hierarchy225Posted 6/13/2013 4:20:09 PM(edited)
This.

Gamefreak aren't going to change dual typed Pokemon.
---
The Official Noivern of the Pokemon X Board
"Wake me up before you Gogoat, 'cause I'm not planning on going Solosis"
#3Emerald_MeliosPosted 6/15/2013 5:31:21 PM
Hierarchy225 posted...
This.

You never know, they might. More likely though, at the very least, is that fairy moves will be distributed to Celebi, Mew, Lake Trio, etc.
#4acerola-orionPosted 6/15/2013 5:36:32 PM
If they were so opposed to making such changes, they wouldn't have added a new type to begin with. It could happen.
#5RedMatadorPosted 6/15/2013 5:47:19 PM
So that means that Shaymin Normal mode could also be fairy type?
---
Lives, lived, will live. Dies, died, will die
#6snuffles504Posted 6/15/2013 5:56:00 PM
acerola-orion posted...
If they were so opposed to making such changes, they wouldn't have added a new type to begin with. It could happen.

Precisely.

And how exactly would switching Celebi's Psychic-typing to Fairy be a d-bag move?

The whole Fairy-type addition really is unprecedented, even considering Dark/Steel in Gen II. The only Gen I Pokemon that would have fit as Dark or Steel was Magnemite, and it happened to be a monotype. There were no dualtypes to mess with because none of the dualtypes fit the description. This time, though, there are >>2 Pokemon that could be retyped to Fairy or be affected by the Fairy type, and a small handful of them are indeed dualtypes.

So until GameFreak says, "We're not changing dualtypes' typings," it's a definite possibility.
---
Official Rinzler of the Kingdom Hearts III Board
R - Hyuck hyuck hyuck!
#7jakovuPosted 6/15/2013 6:01:50 PM
Hierarchy225 posted...
This.

I don't think they'd have a problem with changing Normal-type. I'm looking at you, Togekiss.
#8ZTIger5Posted 6/15/2013 6:03:24 PM
snuffles504 posted...
acerola-orion posted...

Precisely.

And how exactly would switching Celebi's Psychic-typing to Fairy be a d-bag move?

The whole Fairy-type addition really is unprecedented, even considering Dark/Steel in Gen II. The only Gen I Pokemon that would have fit as Dark or Steel was Magnemite, and it happened to be a monotype. There were no dualtypes to mess with because none of the dualtypes fit the description. This time, though, there are >>2 Pokemon that could be retyped to Fairy or be affected by the Fairy type, and a small handful of them are indeed dualtypes.

So until GameFreak says, "We're not changing dualtypes' typings," it's a definite possibility.

---
Playing) Fire Emblem: Awakening, Guild Wars 2
Waiting) Pokemon XY
#9Numbuh100(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2013 1:36:03 PM
snuffles504 posted...
acerola-orion posted...

Precisely.

Why should things that are are fairy-like be changed even if they dual typed? Celebi stays the same and that's that. It's like they should just eliminated Psychics if they want to retype psychics.
---
Waiting for: Pokemon X and Y, Project X Zone
BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD!
#10Haku125Posted 6/17/2013 1:50:07 PM
If they dont it'll be charizard all over again, "but celebi looks like a fairy so why isnt it?"
---
Superbot: Oh you want us to nerf Sackboy? Here why don't we break the game for you!