This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are you going to purchase a physical copy of Pokemon X/Y or digital copy?

#1SH076UNNERPosted 6/13/2013 11:48:22 PM
Are you going to purchase a physical copy of Pokemon X/Y or digital copy? - Results (268 votes)
Yes, i will go to the store to purchase a physical box copy
90.3% (242 votes)
Yes, i am going to download it from the e-shop at exactly midnight (or whenever)
9.7% (26 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Both options have their benefits but i'm most likely getting a box copy of Pokemon X.

Question though, if someone has the knowledge on answering this, what if someone purchases both forms of the game? Does that mean we can have 2 saves constantly on one system? For example, i buy Pokemon X from the store and then download Pokemon Y on the e-shop. If i have extra money, i would definitely do this for the sake of having both games on one system.
#2beebarbPosted 6/13/2013 11:57:57 PM(edited)
To answer your question, eShop titles save to the SD Card. Game cards save to their internal memory.

So it is possible to have:

1x Save file for Pokemon X from the eShop.
1x Save file for Pokemon Y from the eShop.
1x Save file per Pokemon X game card.
1x Save file per Pokemon Y game card.

So that's a maximum of 2 eShop save files, and game card save files limited only by how many copies you buy on the one system.

For example, someone could have 1 copy each of X and Y on game card, and both X and Y through eShop download for a maximum of 4 save files.
---
Looking forward to Pokemon X and Y.
White FC: 0862-2660-4156 / 3DS FC: 2492-4470-1418 / White 2 FC: 4556-7836-2644
#3SuperturkeysPosted 6/13/2013 11:57:03 PM
I'll get a physical copy but not by going to the store. Amazon FTW
---
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters.
- Frank Lloyd Wright
#4RingsOfUranusPosted 6/13/2013 11:57:09 PM
Physical, I don't even purchase 'digital' copies of games on my PC.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC: 1636-3783-8366
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=6638975
#5JarickoPosted 6/13/2013 11:57:53 PM
Knowing pokemon games. Imma have this game for a long time. Absolutely physical.
#6LexifoxPosted 6/13/2013 11:59:25 PM
Getting physical because Nintendo sucks at digital content and account stuff.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#7SH076UNNER(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2013 12:04:36 AM
beebarb posted...
To answer your question, eShop titles save to the SD Card. Game cards save to their internal memory.

So it is possible to have:

1x Save file for Pokemon X from the eShop.
1x Save file for Pokemon Y from the eShop.
1x Save file per Pokemon X game card.
1x Save file per Pokemon Y game card.

So that's a maximum of 2 eShop save files, and game card save files limited only by how many copies you buy on the one system.

For example, someone could have 1 copy each of X and Y on game card, and both X and Y through eShop download for a maximum of 4 save files.

Thanks for the response man, i appreciate it. So now that i know for sure, looks like i will purchase Pokemon Y on the e-shop at a later date when the price drops a bit and i have some extra money.
#8RuwalkPosted 6/14/2013 12:06:41 AM
Lexifox posted...
Getting physical because Nintendo sucks at digital content and account stuff.

^This. As of right now our purchases are only tied to the SD card we save the purchase on (or even the system). We don't have actual accounts we log into that track our digital purchases. So if for any reason your sd card is lost or becomes corrupted, your system goes boom, or whatever, you will have to re-buy any digital purchases you had made. Same for the wii.
#9SH076UNNER(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2013 12:09:29 AM
Even though i am definitely purchasing a box copy of Pokemon X, i like the idea of having an internal copy to always be able to play whenever i want, without the change of a game card.
#10FuneralCakePosted 6/14/2013 12:11:45 AM
If we can copy/backup the eShop save files, I will buy the games digitally. If not, I will get them physically.
---
THAT'S MISS HOME ROWED TO YOU
http://i.imgur.com/a95OQPq.gif