This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there 1 'mon who can counter both Gyrados and Heatran that work on a sun team

#51Luigi playerPosted 6/14/2013 5:33:32 AM
It's your own fault when Heatran beats you, if like 5 out of 6 Pokemon get walled to no end by it.
Against it you'd either want a strong special attacker or a Pokemon that doesn't mind burns, because they often use Lava Plume to burn you (or a really strong special attackers, but just in case I'd use a Pokemon that doesn't mind burns).

So if you want a Pokemon that can couner BOTH Gyara and 'Ran, then you need something that is a bulky, physically strong water type that has Vater Veil, or a bluky water with strong special attacks.

But wait, you don't want to use a Water type because of sun? Well, it's your own fault for doing that, but you can use EQ/EP on them to get rid of Heatran.

I thought of Swampert at first, but if he gets burned that would be pretty bad.
He could learn Stealth Rock to stop the opponent from switching too much.
Scald and Earth Power could work if you don't want to go physical on him because of the burn chance.
Scald will be weak but if you get a burn off then it would definitely be worth it.
EP to beat Heatran (probably only a 2HKO though)
Stealth Rock against Switches
Roar against Setups.

If you don't care about burn stuff you could just run physical too which would help even more since you don't even have one physical attacker. What does your team do against Chansy/Blissey?

Someone mentioned Gastrodon which might be able to do it on a certain extent... walls Gyarados' water attacks and doesn't get crippled from burns and doesn't mind Heatrans Fire Attacks too much.

But you should keep in mind that the opponent will probably not sacrifice his Heatran that easily and will just switch out, so you should have some sort of entry hazard too.

Another option Would be a special oriented Dragon type. Doesn't mind the burn that much and resists Water and Fire. Now it just needs to learn Thunderbolt and Earthpower... not sure if one exists with these attacks, but you might need to use HP Electric.

But imo, you should just change a Pokemon you already have to specifically fight Heatran and one against Gyarados, if they're like your most hated ones.

Maybe just learn more Pokemon of yours Will O Wisp? Gyara would hate that. Then switch in Liligant....
Or teach your Arcanine CC to fight Heatran? But they might know EP. At least they couldn't just mindlessly switch into you...
---
I'm a the Luigi master!
www.freewebs.com/luigi_player/
#52trinityEDGEPosted 6/14/2013 8:11:55 AM
kaonohiokala posted...
landorus-t is water weak how do you expect it to switch in on gyara's waterfall

evire is better

That's easy.

If sun is up, Landy will obviously survive and kill it.
If Gyrados has more than +2, then it's the team's fault for stacking weaknesses.

If sun isnt up, you lose no matter what due to how the team is structured.

Simple as that. I'm just trying to cover the many holes, and Vire does that worse.
#53MrFingers07Posted 6/14/2013 10:24:20 AM
Reading this, I still have no idea why Arcanine? It's so meh.

And no ScarfTerrakion to check those threats?
---
:D Brawlin' Mains: R.O.B., Lucario, Pikachu, Wolf
#54hiphops_saviorPosted 6/14/2013 11:07:28 AM
MrFingers07 posted...
Reading this, I still have no idea why Arcanine? It's so meh.

And no ScarfTerrakion to check those threats?

Only reason I could see is Flash fire to protect Liligent.
#55scrappybristolPosted 6/14/2013 11:15:09 AM
Terrakion.

Close Combat and Stone Edge.
---
This sig is significant
#56Noctus3Posted 6/14/2013 11:16:14 AM
Venusaur with HP fire.
---
**** you SE for trolling us with that TWEWY port. I hate you.
#57Whats_Up4444(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2013 11:56:52 AM
As much as I Hate Landerus-T, I think I need it.

I like electivire better, but I gotta go with LT.

ALSO, I won well over 3/4 of my matches with this set (With Swampert as my Heatran counter)

And Vol can OHKO Gyarados with HP Electric. I just would rather have a Recovery Move.

Entry Hazards are not a problem for me as Espeon repels Entry Hazards, sets them up on the opponent, and OHKO all Spikers, TSpikers, and Stealth Rockers. (Sturdy however is common and ends up becoming 2HKOs)
---
Oh no! My gumballs! :o
http://tital.bigforumpro.com/ Join the Haven of all Kingdom Hearts Roleplays!
#58Whats_Up4444(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2013 12:24:07 PM
Noctus3 posted...
Venusaur with HP fire.

I lost more than half the matches when I used Venusaur. And then with HP fire I'll lose my s*** against Dragons.

Here's my team.

Droughtales sets up sun on switch, but if its either Ttar or Politoed I use Sunny Day and switch to my Ninetales counter-counter. Which ends up being Lilligant since its most likely a ground or water type. Sometimes both.

Lilligant works as a faster and stronger Venusaur. It stays in with sleep power then Quiver Dances. One or two. Three if really strong specially defensive Pokemon. Also takes out Dragons no problem. She's also my Weather Killer. Takes out Ttar and Politoed no problem, as well as half the rest of the team. She doesn't need sun to destroy.

Espeon is for Entry Hazards and inducers, also hits hard against those weak to Psychic and Fire. Morning Sun to stay in.

Arcanine. Because its the only hard hitting Flash Fire Pokemon with Morning Sun. Strong enough to take out even ground and water Pokemon with SunnyBeam. Also in case Ninetales is out can set up Sunny Day. Flash Fire can potentionally sweep the team.

Volcarona is the tough hitter. Gyarados counter but can't take many hits. The rest of the team has recovery except this pokemkn, so doesn't stay long. Takes out Dark, Psychic, Flying, and Water. As well as general types that don't resist bug, but takes them out with fairy dance. Taking out grass, bug, and steel.

Swampert as my Blissey and a Heatran Counter. Uses the following attacks.

Waterfall.
Earthquake
Ice Punch
and Brick Break.

Takes out Fire, Ground, flying, dragon, rock, steel, and a Normal. Good Rain Dance counter.
---
#59Whats_Up4444(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2013 7:28:57 PM
Bump 'cause why not!
---
#60Whats_Up4444(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2013 2:31:35 PM
Ninetales @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spd
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Will-o-Wisp
- Roar
- Sunny Day

Queen Lilly (Lilligant) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Chlorophyll
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Espeon (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Morning Sun
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Grass Knot

Arcanine (M) @ Grass Gem
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- SolarBeam
- Morning Sun
- Sunny Day

Volcarona (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Fiery Dance
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Quick Claw
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

How's this?
---