This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fairy really isn't going to changee things as much as people think.

#1darkbusterPosted 6/14/2013 5:12:40 AM
Keeping in mind that the most dangerous dragons have high stats & great movepools, it just means Garchomp has to dish out more 'quakes & Stone Edges than Outrage spam. Also means there's a reason for the dragons to invest their insanely high attack stats into some steel moves. Meanwhile, Flygon & Altaria just get reminded they're not as uber as 'Chomp, 'Mence, or even 'Nite.
---
Remember kids, it's only an RPG until someone gets hit with a meteor; Then it's a JRPG!
SSBB: 3869 0521 7142
#2Zarren364Posted 6/14/2013 5:44:35 AM
You're only thinking of the type in terms of pokemon, not in moves.
---
I am the Anti-troll. Your poll needs a bacon option.
GLAD GANG l SSS l No.XII l OPBC-Wargle I R - Zarren
#3jEr3mYPosted 6/14/2013 5:51:00 AM
Yes it will, cos apparently Dragons are dying.......

People just like jumping to conclusion.... Just because Dragons got a new weakness, doesn't mean they're useless and gonna die......

It's just like Dark when Gen 2 came.... Psychics didn't die.. yes they were overpowered in Gen 1, but they're still useable.... Nor did Dark types become better than Psychics or overpowered...
---
Non-Specific Action Figure has to be in the next Super Smash Bros game. If you agree, send me a message. Number of people who agree: 18 - updated 8 June 2013
#4RTC3Posted 6/14/2013 5:57:02 AM
dragons will still be da best
---
<3 *Yao Ming* <3http://i.imgur.com/ulNUN.png<3 *Yao Ming* <3
ICEMEN http://i.imgur.com/xv0NvNr.png
#5arvilinoPosted 6/14/2013 6:17:24 AM(edited)
It depends on what Fairy type moves are actually good or bad against. If they have good coverage and effectiveness(like if they are also effective against Fighting, Steel or Water) and are desirable for move sets Dragons will take a hit simply because every team may have multiple Pokémon with a Fairy type move.
#6darkbuster(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2013 6:18:20 AM
Zarren364 posted...
You're only thinking of the type in terms of pokemon, not in moves.

Depending on how many Pokemon can actually learn powerful fairy moves, even that won't change things too much. The most prominent dragons already take x4 weakness to ice, & plenty of Pokemon can learn Ice Beam & Ice Punch. Fairy just means they have to watch out for another STAB weakness besides their own type.

Unlike in gen 1, the psychic types were broken because in addition to the way special worked, psychic had NO weakness an attack & their weaknesses as a defense were just pathetic. Excluding Mewtwo, they didn't have any high end stats outside their special.
---
Remember kids, it's only an RPG until someone gets hit with a meteor; Then it's a JRPG!
SSBB: 3869 0521 7142
#7CakeOfLiesPosted 6/14/2013 6:39:53 AM
Game Freak never said that Fairy would be immune to Dragon.
Even if it is, it would just mean that DD+Dragon Claw will be a lot more common than Outrage due to Outrage being a multi-turn move so Fairies would easily switch into an Outrage and even be able to set up a bit before the Dragon is done.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
#8PheonixFFire7Posted 6/14/2013 6:52:26 AM
I don't know, it will be interesting to see how Dragons turn out. Remember, Psychics used to be overwhelmingly dominant before an introduction of an immunity sort of shafted them to the mediocre type they are today. Obviously there were many other factors that contributed to that, but the second Gamefreak started adding counters to Psychics, they've fell quite a bit.

Could the same happen with Dragon? It's possible. I don't think Salamence, Chomp, or Nite are leaving top tier competitive play anytime soon, but they're definitely going to take a hit.
#9Gigaman222Posted 6/14/2013 7:09:47 AM
But honestly this is needed. Change mixes up what people actually use. I get bored seeing the same Pokemon pop up. It's been a long time since a change in types and its overdue. Pokemon who pretty much stay unchanged get stale and old. Mix it up, I enjoy people on smoogen freak out lol.