This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

fairy type not very effective to grass type

#11Wiseman288Posted 6/14/2013 7:52:27 AM
Tatakai-No-Kami posted...
because grass isnt good enough already.

grass and poison are two great types to have as a complimentary type, due to their unique resistances and mechanics. literally the only pokemon who has no use for his second type of poison is gengar, because he is already a ghost to negate fight moves and has levitate to stay off toxic spikes. all it does for him is negate the chance of him being poisoned.

That being said, I'd like it if Fairy's were weak to poison, just to give it a small boost you know? They say Dragon's been over powered, well I think Poison's under powered. Giving Fairy's poison weakness would give them purpose again. Also, I heard they' also be weak to Steal types, nice nod to old myths about fairys an the like being weak to iron
---
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson.
PSN: Same as user name
#12bobstevens23123Posted 6/14/2013 7:57:58 AM
im all for it grass and posion both need buffs
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960188-call-of-duty-black-ops/59821100
#13Tatakai-No-KamiPosted 6/14/2013 9:25:40 AM
toxic is one of the best attacks in the game, and its poison type. the basis for poison is that they can cause damage without using damaging moves. they dont need to have attacks that are super effective. its the slow killer.
---
KINGLER for president.
http://i.imgur.com/ipgZbBu.png
#14TwinmoldPosted 6/14/2013 9:33:59 AM
because grass isnt good enough already.

grass and poison are two great types to have as a complimentary type, due to their unique resistances and mechanics.

Nah man, nah. Grass resisting water is about the only thing it has going for it, and it still doesn't mean a thing considering it's easier to list water Pokemon that don't have ice moves.

toxic is one of the best attacks in the game, and its poison type. the basis for poison is that they can cause damage without using damaging moves. they dont need to have attacks that are super effective. its the slow killer.

This would be great if it weren't for the fact that an enormous amount of non-poison Pokemon get access to toxic. Not to mention that an entire type's effectiveness being based around one move is pretty silly.

The real problem is that on top of having not so great typing, many Pokemon from the grass and poison line have just awful stats. As in you would purposefully have to be making crappy Pokemon to give them these stats.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCptDecaf
#15Tatakai-No-KamiPosted 6/14/2013 9:45:09 AM
last time i checked, gengar, tentacruel and toxicroak are OU. celebi and breloom are OU.

breloom can be argued as the best pokemon in the whole tier because its the toughest pokemon to play around.
---
the official BAT DRAGON of the pokemon X/Y boards
#16TwinmoldPosted 6/14/2013 10:21:05 AM
I think most people will agree that those Pokemon are all strong despite their types, not because of them.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCptDecaf
#17paipr(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2013 10:40:32 AM
Twinmold posted...
I think most people will agree that those Pokemon are all strong despite their types, not because of them.

true. thats part of what i find so odd about people joking about jigglypuff the dragon killer, sure it will now have stab versus dragon, but at the same time jiggs isnt known for its powerful stats. half the problem with dragon types is their stats and their movepools. a new weakness will help, but there still needs to be fairy pokemon that can contend stat wise with the dragons.

while sure there are some really solid /poison, /grass type pokemon, there are many that could use a little boost. fairy weak to poison gives poison some more time to shine, and same with grass (hopefully) resistant if not immune to fairy type. that all said i do wonder if immune is to much, i mean a new type shows up after how many years are they really gonna make a whole bunch of pokemon immune to it.
---
am i the only person that wishes game faqs offered the option to cut peoples comments from your topics?
#18CakeOfLiesPosted 6/14/2013 10:45:54 AM
paipr posted...
which would you prefer not very effective, or immune to fairy types?

NFE.
Fire only resists Ice, so why would Grass be immune to Fairy?
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
#19jayman7Posted 6/14/2013 10:50:04 AM
Pokebeach's leaks said nothing about Grass being resistant to Fairy. Psychic and Fire, yes, but not Grass.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#20paipr(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2013 1:14:35 PM
jayman7 posted...
Pokebeach's leaks said nothing about Grass being resistant to Fairy. Psychic and Fire, yes, but not Grass.

true but just cause some stuff was "leaked" doesnt mean all was.
---
am i the only person that wishes game faqs offered the option to cut peoples comments from your topics?