This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

fairy type not very effective to grass type

#21Bronze_StuffPosted 6/14/2013 2:48:18 PM
Tatakai-No-Kami posted...
last time i checked, gengar, tentacruel and toxicroak are OU. celebi and breloom are OU.

breloom can be argued as the best pokemon in the whole tier because its the toughest pokemon to play around.

And these Pokemon are pretty solid not necessarily because of their types, but because of their stats and moveset pool. Celebi is also part psychic, and Breloom is part fighting, and both of these types are wicked awesome for instance.

It's like how Ice moves are pretty amazing but there aren't many Ice Pokemon that are good.
---
Jimbo.
#22Tatakai-No-KamiPosted 6/14/2013 2:59:35 PM
Bronze_Stuff posted...
last time i checked, gengar, tentacruel and toxicroak are OU. celebi and breloom are OU.

breloom can be argued as the best pokemon in the whole tier because its the toughest pokemon to play around.

And these Pokemon are pretty solid not necessarily because of their types, but because of their stats and moveset pool. Celebi is also part psychic, and Breloom is part fighting, and both of these types are wicked awesome for instance.

It's like how Ice moves are pretty amazing but there aren't many Ice Pokemon that are good.

gengars ghost type is his biggest selling point, since it lets him be a spin blocker and allows him to immune fight damage, which is super common. poison doesnt matter much to him.

the fight resist on tentacruel is one of his biggest assets. if it wasnt for that, he would not be able to check keldeo.

toxicroak is in the same boat, poison lets him take on keldeo along with terrakion and some other fight dudes. if toxicroak was JUST fight type, he would not even see use.

celebi would not see play if it wasnt also a grass type. the water/elec/ground resist is its biggest selling point. the fight resist you get from psychic is nice, but celebis whole point is to be a rain counter, which it is able to do thanks to grass type.

seriously man, learn your stuff before arguing.
---
the official BAT DRAGON of the pokemon X/Y boards
#23Bronze_StuffPosted 6/14/2013 3:04:33 PM
Bronze_Stuff posted...

gengars ghost type is his biggest selling point, since it lets him be a spin blocker and allows him to immune fight damage, which is super common. poison doesnt matter much to him.

the fight resist on tentacruel is one of his biggest assets. if it wasnt for that, he would not be able to check keldeo.

toxicroak is in the same boat, poison lets him take on keldeo along with terrakion and some other fight dudes. if toxicroak was JUST fight type, he would not even see use.

celebi would not see play if it wasnt also a grass type. the water/elec/ground resist is its biggest selling point. the fight resist you get from psychic is nice, but celebis whole point is to be a rain counter, which it is able to do thanks to grass type.

seriously man, learn your stuff before arguing.

Seriously, these Pokemon's stats and moves do far more for them than you're giving them credit for.

Poison and Grass do need a little help in terms of typing.
---
Jimbo.
#24Tatakai-No-KamiPosted 6/14/2013 3:09:35 PM(edited)
stats can only go so far. look at kyurem. his stats are better than every other pokemon in the tier, and yet hes not even OU. he's just BL. this already shows you that typing is way more important that stats.

brelooms stats are trash, but his typing and access to spore (a grass move) is so good that he's just too relevant to ignore.

typing comes first, then ability, followed by moves (not even the full movepool, just 1 super good move is all it takes), and then stats.
---
#25jayman7Posted 6/14/2013 3:16:37 PM
typing comes first, then ability, followed by moves (not even the full movepool, just 1 super good move is all it takes), and then stats.

Smeargle has the same type as Blissey, access to Technician and an ability that is banned to ubers, and learns every move in the game. He's RU.

Stats may not be everything, but they're hardly nothing.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#26Tatakai-No-KamiPosted 6/14/2013 3:23:47 PM
jayman7 posted...

Smeargle has the same type as Blissey, access to Technician and an ability that is banned to ubers, and learns every move in the game. He's RU.

Stats may not be everything, but they're hardly nothing.

smeargle has the tools to top every OU pokemon in the game. people are just lazy and copy what everyone else is doing.

smeargle is one of those pokemon that will haul ass if you use him the right way
---
#27Faust_8Posted 6/14/2013 4:07:48 PM
I'm fine with Grass resisting Fairy.

On a side note, I do find it odd that people hating on Grass for its "five weaknesses" will at the same time admit "no uses Poison attacks."

Rather contradictory right thar. It means in practical terms Grass has four weaknesses.
---
Faust_8: Would you own slaves if you could?
OW: If I lived on a farm or something, sure. But I have no need of slaves right now.
#28harle1012000Posted 6/16/2013 5:08:08 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
paipr posted...
which would you prefer not very effective, or immune to fairy types?

NFE.
Fire only resists Ice, so why would Grass be immune to Fairy?

Actually, Fire resists Grass, Bug, Ice, Fire, and Steel.
---
If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, be sure to check the enclosed instruction book
#29yzmanPosted 6/16/2013 5:13:32 PM
harle1012000 posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
paipr posted...
which would you prefer not very effective, or immune to fairy types?

NFE.
Fire only resists Ice, so why would Grass be immune to Fairy?

Actually, Fire resists Grass, Bug, Ice, Fire, and Steel.

I think he meant that if ice is only NVE against fire, why should grass be immune to fairy?
---
"As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away."
#30zerokidPosted 6/17/2013 3:37:10 PM
because grass isnt good enough already.

grass and poison are two great types to have as a complimentary type, due to their unique resistances and mechanics. literally the only pokemon who has no use for his second type of poison is gengar, because he is already a ghost to negate fight moves and has levitate to stay off toxic spikes. all it does for him is negate the chance of him being poisoned.

Can be handy if you get into a stall war with a Toxic Blissey or something.
---
Official [nobody cares] of the [your favourite game here] board.