This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Most powerful dual-type Fairy combination

#1LazorFistPosted 6/14/2013 9:16:59 AM
Assuming the Pokebeach rumors are true, what type paired off with the new Fairy type would make the most powerful type combination? Why?
#2carpediempimpPosted 6/14/2013 9:18:52 AM
Fairy dragon

Weakness that you can see a mile away
---
Just do it
#3legendxofxskyPosted 6/14/2013 9:19:03 AM
Fairy/Dragon
#4Strain42Posted 6/14/2013 9:20:56 AM
If it's true that its only weaknesses are Poison and Steel, then I would say Steel

Immunity to one of its weaknesses, resisting the other one, still immune to Dragon. It also makes it resistant to Dark so it can wipe them out even faster, the only real problem is the added Fighting weakness since Fairy might be strong against those.

But yeah...overall, probably Steel.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
#5yzmanPosted 6/14/2013 9:27:06 AM
Fairy/Steel

Since we haven't heard anything about resistances yet, and I will assume that it will have some, I would imagine it resisting fighting. Steel also takes care of fairy weaknesses totally.

Fairy/Dragon sounds like a good attacking type but not very good defensively.

It still retains its poison, steel, ice weaknesses and while those aren't terrible weaknesses to have, the two just aren't complementing each other as good as steel/fairy would I feel.
---
"As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away."
#6deidara21Posted 6/14/2013 9:33:17 AM
Strain42 posted...
If it's true that its only weaknesses are Poison and Steel, then I would say Steel

Immunity to one of its weaknesses, resisting the other one, still immune to Dragon. It also makes it resistant to Dark so it can wipe them out even faster, the only real problem is the added Fighting weakness since Fairy might be strong against those.

Fairy resists fightning so it takes neutral damage.

I think Fairy/Steal with levitate only has one weakness >_>
---
Lemmings- "Wanna go back to your place?" "Do you have any condoms?" "Haha Who needs condoms"
#7jayman7Posted 6/14/2013 9:41:18 AM
deidara21 posted...
Fairy resists fightning so it takes neutral damage.

We don't know that yet. Pokebeach didn't mention resistances for Fairy.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#8KillerMechanoidPosted 6/14/2013 10:01:03 AM
If its weaknesses are Poison and Steel, then a secondary Steel typing should be able to cover for both, even turning the Poison weakness into an immunity.
#9NewbieAtDSPosted 6/14/2013 10:04:31 AM
Strain42 posted...

So that would leave its weaknesses as Fire,Ground and possibly Fighting
---
Pokemon White FC 2108 8832 9721
Everyone should know that my Internet is crap and if I disconnect randomly, I'm trying to get back to you ASAP.
#10Luigi playerPosted 6/14/2013 10:29:33 AM
About Fairy/Dragon... being weak to Scizors Bullet Punch is kinda bad for it. If it wouldn't have high defense and EV'd in HP/Def it would possibly be OHKO'd...
---
I'm a the Luigi master!
www.freewebs.com/luigi_player/