This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I haven't played a Pokemon game since Diamond. How has it changed?

#11zurcnPosted 6/14/2013 11:52:37 AM(edited)
Gen 5 didn't add anything revolutionary, but it polished everything about the series. It certainly felt different to me.
quite true, the only significant change in gen V was DW abilities (and some competitive hold items) edit: and reusable TMs

X and Y are going to add something huge though. Nobody knows exactly what though.
not sure where you're getting at, but the first thing on any list about what gen 6 introduced to the series will be " a new type "
they can add more stuff, but nothing that will appear before it in any decent list

---
Don't worry about it. I laugh automatically whenever I hold sharp objects. - Machi - Nagasarete Airantou
http://youtu.be/iTJtTiQYlNU
#12zurcnPosted 6/14/2013 11:50:57 AM
TIGERJACKS0N- posted...
zurcn posted...
IMHO
because typing the exact same sentence in google is faster and yelds better results

Well i just googled "I haven't played a Pokemon game since Diamond. How has it changed?"

Results weren't all that relevant.

besides my first reply, have the results here been any better?
---
Don't worry about it. I laugh automatically whenever I hold sharp objects. - Machi - Nagasarete Airantou
http://youtu.be/iTJtTiQYlNU
#13gren-aidPosted 6/14/2013 11:54:56 AM
There's infinite TMs now, and most pokemon now have new abilites. The exp system has been changed, too- lower level Pokemon now get a lot more experience from fighting higher level Pokemon. Some moves and abilites have been changed e.g. Sturdy now works like a focus sash
---
'When thou enterest into Oblivion, Oblivion entereth into thee.' -- Nai Tyrol-Llar
#14NessEggmanPosted 6/14/2013 11:55:53 AM
The main thing I've noticed is there is a larger focus on the story now, and the competitive scene seems to be more acknowledged (in the breeding systems, join avenue, haivng the subway in the central hub town of the game, etc.) Pokemon XY seems like it might do this too. Apparently IV and EV values will be more easily visible in this game.
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
#15RoleOfGSHCPosted 6/14/2013 12:05:13 PM
To me, Gen IV was slow and boring. It had that important split, sure, but the problem was that I just felt... meh.

Gen V really got things going. Story got more focus, the gameplay felt much more fun.

Gen VI looks to be a continuation of that. You're gonna love the new gen, I'm sure! It's come a long way!
---
Empress of the Jovian Empire
Mechanical Advisor for Golden Sun: Adept's Refuge
#16Luigi playerPosted 6/14/2013 2:48:29 PM
there's a new type!!
---
I'm a the Luigi master!
www.freewebs.com/luigi_player/